【家务助理】我的打工故事--写作练习

来源: sportwoman 2012-11-14 10:08:39 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4616 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ sportwoman ] 在 2012-11-15 16:43:56 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

学生时代打过N那么多工,这是其中之一:

Years ago when I was still working at a garment factory and studied  English at an ESL school I managed to find myself another part-time job--to work as a caregiver for a new mother who just had a new born baby boy.  

That day at the corner of the street in my neighborhood , while waiting for the bus to take me home I ran into  my ESL classmate who was a woman from Beijing, China, and was at her 40s back then.  She asked me if I was interested in making extra money by taking care a woman who needed help.  Since I was short in cash, so I said yes.  The woman who gave birth to a baby is from the States and originally from China. Her hu*****and, based on my classmate, still stayed in the States for work.   Since there were no relatives in Toronto,  at that very moment,  she definitely needed someone to take care of her and her baby.  

After the interview with that new mom who was a good looking young lady,  she was happy to have me.  Since I had no experience, I could tell that she had no choice so  she hired me. However, because I was well-trained by my grandmother since I was little, that I could cook, clean and do laundry and stuff  so I told my would-be boss that I was confident to do her a good job. So she nodded her head in agreement.

It was a part-time job,  3 hours a day,  and what I needed to finish every evening included:   cooking,  cleaning,  doing the laundry manually,    straightening  up her apartment,  sterilizing  baby bottles and other utensils  by using boiling water, ect.  To be honest,  although I was not a good cook, and I had never taken care a new mother in my life, I still was responsible for what I was asked to do, and  I did  everything carefully  following her instructions. I  had never been lazy on my job and I was able to finish all the work in designated time. However, the only thing that my boss lady complained was that I had used a little too much salt when cooking.  

I could not remember how much she paid me in cash per hour,  maybe 8 or 9 Canadian dollars.  Four weeks later after receiving my first and also the last pay from my boss I was told that she needed me no more.

所有跟帖: 

Sunny这么勤劳能干. -tingfeng- 给 tingfeng 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/14/2012 postreply 10:32:39

thanks tingfeng!I always work like a horse eat like a bird. -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/14/2012 postreply 12:09:16

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”