斗胆翻译逸士【回复】

来源: sportwoman 2012-08-25 13:05:53 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (11448 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ sportwoman ] 在 2012-08-26 06:22:52 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

No sooner did I read your opinion than knowing that you haven't written any English novels. I read hundreds of English detective  novels before writing this one. Those novels I read include those on the selves in my local library. First of all, you should know that, writing novels is different from general writing, and of course it is different from poems writing as well. Novels have lots of incomplete sentences, and repeated sentences are for emphasising the intonations. It is about techniques. If you read novels just based on your common English knowledge, you would feel not bad. If you have read hundreds of detective novels, you would have different point of views upon this.
一看你的說法﹐就知道你沒有寫過英文小說。我在寫這本小說前﹐看個幾百本英文近
現代偵探小說﹐把我當地圖書館中架上的偵探小說都讀了。首先要知道﹐小說不同
於一般英文寫作﹐當然也不同於詩的寫作。小說裡有許多不完整句﹐還有加強語勢
的重複表達法。這是技巧問題。如用一般寫作知識來讀小說﹐就難怪以不錯為錯。
如果你也能讀上幾百本英文偵探小說﹐你一定不會有現在這種看法。
第一句﹕
1) [
寫作忌諱形容詞堆砌] the taboo in writing--too many adjectives
這是一般的理論。你只知理論﹐沒看到小說家寫作的實踐。為了加強語勢﹐小說裡
經常有同義形容詞同時使用。不相信﹖去讀幾百本小說。
2)
第二個破折號後面可以看個逗號﹐但既然有了破折號﹐後面逗號可以省去。不知
道你對標點符號的用法是哪裡學來的。語言是非常靈活的﹐這種小地方﹐沒有你說
的所謂絕對不容許的。再說﹐編輯也沒有改動﹐難道閣下的水平比美國出版社的編
輯還高﹖ This is a general theory. You know only the theory but you have never seen the practice by writers. In order to stress on the intonations, in novels,  synonyms of adjectives could be applied the same time. Believe it or not, or you should go read hundreds of novels yourself. The second dash works as a comma, but because it is a dash, so the comma right after can be omited. I have no idea where you learned the usage of punctuations. Language is all about flexibilities. In such a small place, there is nothing like what you said-- absolutely not allow. Furthermore, it was not modified by the  editor, so you think your English is better than editors from the publishing companies  in the States?
3)
中國人學英文最壞的習慣是﹕老按字典作為依據。大寫作上帝只是其用法之一。
大寫經常有抽象的的概念。
第二句﹕
1) [
這是一個沒有必要的非完整句]
有沒有必要是誰決定的﹖如果編輯不予改正﹐說明一點不錯。
2)
把語法再學得深些好些。抽象名詞前面加了形容詞﹐不但可以用定冠詞﹐還可以
用不定冠詞。這是慣用法。難道你沒有讀到嗎﹖再去多讀一點。
3)
一點沒有表達不力。是閣下的水平太差。英文裡一種意思有多種表達法。
4)
正是你用英文表達的意思。只是你的表達法是中國人用的。我的表達法是美國人
用的。所以說明你的英文離開PURE  ENGLISH還遠著呢。
希望我的答復對你提高英文有所幫助。
3)  When it comes to learning English the worst habit that Chinese people have is to look up words in the dictionary without conjuring up with the use of them in reality. The word heaven with the capital H is only one of the usage The capital H usually has an abstract idea for sky.
The second sentence,
1) "this is an unnecessary incomplete sentence.  I would like to ask that who decided the necessary. Not being modified by the editor proves that my version is right. 
2) Improve your grammarical knowledge to a better level. When adjectives are put before abstract nouns,  both indefinite articles and definite articles can be used, and this is very common. Haven't you ever used it? Go read more.
3) not even a bit of expressive power. That is because your English sucks. In English, one word could contain  so many different meanings.
4) that is what you wanted to express in Egnlish. That is because the way you express yourself is commonly used by Chinese people. My expression is quite American. That proves that your English is far away from pure English. I hope this reply would be helpful to improve your English.

所有跟帖: 

肯定有很多语法错误或不够传神,各位老师多指正! -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 13:10:03

战战兢兢问一句:“没经海老师同意,是否会被开除学籍?” -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 13:11:49

海老师读了几百本侦探小说,让人佩服!虚心请教海老师是否能推荐几本?感谢! -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/25/2012 postreply 17:15:08

回复:斗胆翻译逸士【回复】 -海外逸士- 给 海外逸士 发送悄悄话 海外逸士 的博客首页 (147 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 06:04:50

谢海老师指正! -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 11:40:48

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”