【我的大学】(1)英文版

来源: sportwoman 2012-06-24 17:29:26 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (10924 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ sportwoman ] 在 2012-06-25 07:40:02 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

After I graduated from high school with a diploma, September that same year I started to take some courses in a community college. I decided to take only one course which was accounting 101 for that semester.XYZ college is located in downtown Toronto, amid the  hustle and bustle of the city. The reason why I chose XYZ college was simple-- I joined the badminton training program there when I studied in that adult high school, and I'd already been kind of familiar with the bus route back and forth between my home and the campus, furthermore, the most important reason was it`s not far away from my place so I could walk and save some bus fares.  

The classes was held  two evenings a week and worth 3 credits.  The teacher was white and well built , glasses, short and curly  hair, and about 40 in age. The big difference between the college class and classes in high school was, the speed the teacher spoke was fast, so to me, it was hard to catch  what he said. I heard that students in college have to find a way to fit themselves in the language environment, because in the class teachers would never compromise to speak slow because of some ESL students.  In order to catch up I previewed before every class and reviewed what I had learned within 24 hours after the class. The concepts in the text book were not hard but the problem was my English. I read very slow because I would encounter many new words that I had to check them up in the dictionary. Namely, I had to study hard with twice the effort or even more than other students whose English is not their second language. Not surprisingly, at the end of the semester, my grade was not bad which was a B+ .

Those days, besides study, I continued to play badminton on the top floor of the campus building--the gym. I would say that I was the worst single player in that team. My coach who is a Chinese Malaysia  was the badminton champion of the world back in 1970s.  Twice evenings a week I practised  basic  skills in his beginner team. In the badminton training program, people are from different backgrounds and most of them are Chinese from Malaysia and Vietnam. There I met one girl and one guy who are Chinese born in Vietnam and raised in Canada, both were students. Because they spoke fluent English, they would use their broken Cantonese to explain to me when I had a hard time understanding them.  The guy, who was wearing brace for his orthotic treatment spoke a little better Cantonese than that girl. Both of them were good at playing badminton, and they could beat me without any effort.  However, my stamina  was not bad that I could play for 2 hours in a row without taking a break, so I was a pretty good playmate for practicing stamina.  

I still needed to work in that garment factory after or before my class occasionally based on the schedule my supervisor arranged. If I  was not very busy, on weekends I would hang out with my friends who are from China or Vietnam. Mostly  the place we  poked around  was a community center named  XXX club. In there, people sung classical pop songs, and oftentimes we found people there older than us. They looked as if they were at their 30s or 40s or even older.Gradually, we found that they were from China, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Hong kong,etc. One time an old gentleman sung 【榕树下】,and I was so impressed that I thought his voice would never be superseded.  We always had a good time when we hung out there. However, no matter where you go you will meet good people and bad people disregarding their nationalities. In that club, that night, under the dim light, a Chinese man about the age of 30 approached to me and said that he studied MBA before and currently doing some translation work. So I chatted with him for a few minutes. After a while, as he talked to me he put an arm around my shoulders and the other hand on my lap, and I stiffed up right away and said: "No,please get your hands off me." but he ignored what I said and continued to look at my eyes with dirty desire. so I was mad and savage exultation gave me a strength that I swung my right fist at his handsome face as hard as I could. He was so astonished that he seemed not to beleive what I just did.  His friend apologized to me that he was drunk. I gave them a dirty look as I went to look for my friends. Because it was crowded and the music was loud, so not many people saw this little commotion. Of course,I was shocked a little bit by what I had done. Maybe some guys think that they could take advantage of Chinese girls in Canada easily, but my fist proved that they were wrong.(打羽毛球我最了得的事情就是经常被人打,输得惨烈。可是因为平时也练习大力扣杀等基本功,所以拳头的力量估计应该也有一点。打完了人还把自己吓一跳,看来我不适合打架)

Later on, a few weeks after that night, I chatted with one friends of mine who is from suzhou,China, and she told me her story, that when she first came to Canada, a friend of hers arranged one of his male friends to pick her up at the airport, and on the way driving her to the place she rented, that man as he put his hand on her lap he asked her if she wanted to stay in his apartment and sleep with him. My friend was so offended and mad so she shrieked and ordered him to pull the car over and she got out of his car as if he was a devil.  What a pervert! Therefore we came to a conclusion that when encountering perverts, we girls beside giving them a fist we should kick, bite, and scratch their face as hard as we could, and then run away as fast as we could, and, of course, call the police.

The first semester went fast and the second semester of that academic year, I decided to quit my job and concentrated on my study.

纪念我的青葱岁月。每个人都有自己的生活轨迹,人生路上有很多美好的风景也有很多坑坑洼洼。有时候风景不一定是在路上看的,飞机票打折的时候比学生车票便宜,因此,在外面上学期间,有几次我就是坐飞机回家的,所以我也在飞机上看风景。 (“我在飞机上看风景,看风景雁在窗外看我,雁毛装饰了我的帽子,我装饰了别人的飞机。” )。 我尝试从不角度去看事物,让自己变得更加open-minded 和替别人着想。

所有跟帖: 

好看。有鲨鱼的风格了哈。:) -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2012 postreply 20:06:25

Thank you 美风!I am way behind -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (75 bytes) () 06/24/2012 postreply 20:34:58

Wow,you know karate ! Yes,spicy ! -hammerheadshark- 给 hammerheadshark 发送悄悄话 (95 bytes) () 06/24/2012 postreply 21:07:21

哦空手道,那时还没学呢。我估算凶狠的眼神加上短平快的抓踢咬对付一般文弱的color wolf足矣。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (100 bytes) () 06/24/2012 postreply 21:30:17

When we assume, we make an ass out of u and me. -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (316 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 03:56:11

先顶再看。。顺道谢谢上次回答我的问题。。非常XM。。不知道什么时候我能写到这个水平能自如的和人交流。。 -流沙流沙- 给 流沙流沙 发送悄悄话 (34 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 00:32:16

朋友不客气!我来这里跟各位老师学习,看到问题也想回答show off一下,可很多时候心有余力不足。我继续努力。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (24 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 03:35:32

enjoy reading your posts, It is fun and relaxing. -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (100 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 12:06:07

多谢你!2msmom ! -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 13:02:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”