My transaltion.

来源: toast2011 2011-09-01 13:59:44 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3629 bytes)
回答: 【翻译听写】练习之十五 -- 选择职业EnLearner2011-08-28 20:02:08

choosing career

Dear Sir,

I am so sorry that I did not reply back to you earlier since I have been busy with various matters recently.

In my opinion, a person’s primary responsibility is to try to be independent to avoid being other’s burden. In addition, to learn how to carefully and cautiously do a job that actually contributes value to the society. This is a very important education per se. The effect will definitely reflect on all the other careers. A very valuable habit is that you can do the work that you are not interested in when you would rather do other things. If I have developed the habit at a young age, I would have avoided wasting astonishing amount of time.

Unusual talent, diligence and energy are all needed in order to make any great accomplishment in science. If you have above qualifications, you will have enough leisure out of your daily business to find a spot in scientific field. If you do not have them, you’d better focusing on your business.

The worst thing in the world you would like to see is that a young man just fills in a vacancy in literature or scientific field and contributes nothing, as a Scottish proverb says “ No key has been created while    is distroyed".  He could became a valuable person to the society if he had choosen other career.

I think you should have your father read this letter as well.

Sincerely,

T. H. Hersley

所有跟帖: 

My dictation -toast2011- 给 toast2011 发送悄悄话 (3810 bytes) () 09/02/2011 postreply 19:13:48

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”