谢谢总结。我接着文青的加点儿。大家一起评着玩。

来源: cutestream 2011-06-24 11:11:54 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (14441 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ cutestream ] 在 2011-06-26 05:07:20 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

一般来说 college是所有高等教育学校的通称,因为美国早期的高等教育学校沿袭英国称为College。后来很多college改成了university。早期许多科学、工程和理工的专门学校都称为Institute,有些后来也改名为University,但少数学校仍以Institute为名,如MIT, caltech

To receive so many pieces of bad news within one morning was more than I could handle. But I knew Bill and I must continue our everyday life. The West Wing staff members were wandering aimlessly(这个wander用的不是很贴切,人们不是漫无目的悠闲地走,而是焦急的度步), whispering on the phone, or talking behind closed doors. It was of great importance to ensure the White House staff that we would deal withthis crisis and plan on fighting back like before. I knew all of them would follow my lead.  For me and those around me, the solution to our best advantage is to make steady progress. I could have spent some (总觉得这个some多余,比较口语化些) more time preparing (这里是不是应该+for) my first public appearance, but I couldn’t. That afternoon, I was scheduled to give a speech on civil rights at Gouche? Institute, at our old friend Tyler Blanche’s invitation. As I didn’t want to disappoint the institute or Tyler, whose wife worked for me, I rushed to the Union Station and boarded on the train to Baltimore.

newton123

It was unbearable to get (比较不正式) so much bad news in one single (有没有必要用single?) morning. But I knew Bill and I had to go through (指比较艰难的环境,这里指日常生活) our daily life. The staff members in the west wing seemed at a loss, walking back and forth, or talking to onthe cell phones in a subdued voice, or whispering to one another in the office with door being closely shut. It became vital to assure the staff in the White House that we were able to handle the crisis and prepared (这个prepare如果是要跟handle并列要用原形 for a counter attack. I was aware that all would follow my footprint. The best policy for me and my people was to make steady progress. I should have spent more time for my first show, but it turned out completely impossible. According to my schedule, that afternoon(在前面不太好) I should give a speech about citizenship in Goutier College, a response of an invitation from our old friend Taylor Branch (句子后接一个修饰名词?不太对吧). For I had no intention to disappoint the college or Taylor himself—his(whose) wife was working for me then, I rushed to the Union Station, catching (这个catch应该和rush并列而不是从属于rush,个人觉得改用caught the train to Baltimore.  

大家继续吧。

所有跟帖: 

点评的真好。学习了! -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 11:18:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”