我的作业。 Living history(2)【翻译写作】练习之五

来源: beautifulwind 2011-06-20 22:07:59 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1885 bytes)

It was hard to accept so many bad news for a whole morning. But I knew that Bill and I had to keep our daily life going. The personnel in West Wing had to walk back and forth whithout knowing what to do, or whispered over cell phones, or gossipped indoors. To guarantee the White House personnel that we would deal with the crisis, and we were ready to fight back as usual, it was very important. I knew that everybody would going to do in my way. To me and the people around us, the best way was to go ahead steadily. I would had been spending more time to prepare for my first appearance, but it was not feasible. That afternoon, I had to go to Gucher college for a speech on Civil Right. It was for my old friend Taylor Blanch's invitation. But I would not like the college or Taylor-his wife had been working for me--to be disappointed, I hurried to the Union Station, and hitchhiked the train to Baltimore.

一个早上要接受这么多坏消息真够人受的。但是我知道比尔和我必须继续我们每天的生活。西翼的工作人员不知所措地走来走去,小声地对着手机嘀咕,关起门来窃 窃私语。向白宫的工作人员保证我们会处理这次危机,并准备像以前那样反击,这很重要。我知道所有人都会以我为榜样去做。对我和周围的人来说最有利的做法就 是稳步前进。我本来可以花更多时间为我的第一次露面作准备,但不行。那天下午,按照计划我要去古彻学院发表一次有关民权的演讲,这是应我们的老朋友泰勒. 布兰奇的邀请。因为我不想让学院或者泰勒——他的妻子就为我工作——失望,我赶到联合车站,搭上了去巴尔的摩的火车。

所有跟帖: 

如果我在中国做英文老师,我给你99分。BUT...... -DrunkerKickass- 给 DrunkerKickass 发送悄悄话 (180 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 22:43:28

Thanks drunker! -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 (202 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 22:58:58

Hi Drunker,你水平这么高,有时间能帮俺听听第十课吗(Travelling)吗? -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 (83 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 23:07:28

我已经回覆你了,并录了音。请看并回覆。 -DrunkerKickass- 给 DrunkerKickass 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 23:50:08

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”