APAD: DocGrumpyHappySleepyBashfulSneezyDopey

来源: 最西边的岛上 2024-06-16 07:01:53 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (11353 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 最西边的岛上 ] 在 2024-06-16 13:15:31 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Good Morning!

In 1937, the release of Disney's first full length-animated film, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” based on Grimms' fairy tale "Snow White", goes on to become one of the most successful animated films of all time.

As you can see, the film added the "Seven Dwarfs" in its title, it also gave each dwarf a name: Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey, as stated in (the crowded ;-) APAD title today.  I watched the film a long time ago with my good childhood friend and we both felt the dwarfs were more interesting than the princess and the stepmother queen with the poison apple.  

The dwarfs are as below:

Doc is the de facto leader of the seven, with a wisdom that comes from years of keen observation—and it comes with confidence too, because Doc has a very determined spirit. He is wise, stubbornly confident, kind-hearted.

An eternal pessimist, Grumpy is instantly recognizable by his sour disposition and reluctance to show any sign of joy. He is easily irritated, tough to win over

The resident optimist, Happy is a refreshing contrast to Grumpy. With his bright eyes lined with lashes and an infectious grin, Happy mirrors the joyous spirit of singing “Heigh-Ho” each morning. He is cheerful and optimistic.

Sleepy needs no introduction beyond the heavy eyelids and an open mouth with a yawn at the ready. Fitting to his name, Sleepy is the dwarf always ready for a nap, and when he isn't snoozing, he's on the brink.  He is relaxed and tired.

Bashful is the easily flustered dwarf who is painfully shy around Snow White and prone to blushing. His discomfort in any kind of spotlight has endeared him to audiences for decades.  He is sensitive and romantic.

Sneezy needs no introduction. Because you probably won’t hear it over the “AHH-CHOO!” flying out of him.  He is friendly and playful.

Rounding out the gang is Dopey, perhaps the most iconic of the dwarfs for his childlike innocence and goofiness. He's the only dwarf not to speak or sing in the original film. He is naive, sweet and lovable.

I bet you like some of those personality traits (and may even can relate some to yourself ;-), but you are not obligated to tell, unless you want to ;-) .  As for me personally, I respect Doc, like Happy, Sleepy and Dopey, and feel sorry for Grumpy, Bashful and Sneezy.  Maowi the cat also likes them and he plays the roles (except of Bashful) and keeps switching between them every few hours each day.  鬼脸

Below is a clip of the film of these lovely dwarfs for you all to enjoy, on this beautiful Sunday ... 

Happy watching and Happy Father's Day!

所有跟帖: 

I am Sleepy in the weekends -移花接木- 给 移花接木 发送悄悄话 移花接木 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 07:48:35

bingo and u r not alone ;-) see what Doctor says -最西边的岛上- 给 最西边的岛上 发送悄悄话 最西边的岛上 的博客首页 (170 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 08:06:00

& I screw up my biological clock on every Monday -移花接木- 给 移花接木 发送悄悄话 移花接木 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 10:30:29

we need a day in between Sunday and Monday ;-)) See below -最西边的岛上- 给 最西边的岛上 发送悄悄话 最西边的岛上 的博客首页 (2881 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 10:43:42

when I was working, I always started theWeek on Sun noon ;)) -最西边的岛上- 给 最西边的岛上 发送悄悄话 最西边的岛上 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 10:48:27

Great movie and yet I don't remember watching it! -7grizzly- 给 7grizzly 发送悄悄话 7grizzly 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 08:43:22

Thanks for the intro to the seven dwarves. -7grizzly- 给 7grizzly 发送悄悄话 7grizzly 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 08:47:52

check it out, it might be online (found1, but isBlockedHere) -最西边的岛上- 给 最西边的岛上 发送悄悄话 最西边的岛上 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 09:17:07

myFriendHasbathtubFull of cartoons &requestedMe2watchSome ;) -最西边的岛上- 给 最西边的岛上 发送悄悄话 最西边的岛上 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 09:17:44

Rhymed very well! -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 12:40:22

the names? yes. Good for rapping;-)) isn’t it? -最西边的岛上- 给 最西边的岛上 发送悄悄话 最西边的岛上 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 12:59:41

Thanks for the intro. I need to watch it again. -天边一片白云- 给 天边一片白云 发送悄悄话 天边一片白云 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 17:20:59

When I watched the movie, I didn't know the meaning -天边一片白云- 给 天边一片白云 发送悄悄话 天边一片白云 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 17:22:26

of the names of the seven dwarfs, except Happy and Sleepy -天边一片白云- 给 天边一片白云 发送悄悄话 天边一片白云 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 17:25:40

Yes, Happy&Sleepy do standout ;-) Glad you watched it, 白云美眉。 -最西边的岛上- 给 最西边的岛上 发送悄悄话 最西边的岛上 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2024 postreply 17:41:40

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”