Snow sliding

来源: rockcurrent 2012-11-18 19:08:02 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4824 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ rockcurrent ] 在 2012-11-20 14:56:59 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

There used to be snowy winters in my hometown when I was young. But there was not much fun with the snow except for snow-fighting with kids. So, I got used to snow but did not know I have a special passion for snow. Then later I moved to a Southern city for university where there rarely had any snow at all. Instinctively, I knew something was missing, and realized I was missing the winter snow. An imaginary picture of a handsome young boy walking together with a beautiful girl wearing a scarlet scarf in a snowy woods, and hand in hand, was always in my dreams during the passed winter days. However, chance of me to be that boy never comes. To pursue my dream, I moved to Beijing . To my great disappointment, Beijing does not have much snow in winter either, as the global warming becomes a more popular topic.  Thus, giving up the dream seems to be the only choice for me, and perhaps, I will not miss snow any more. 

Fortunately, I found a snowy winter world on the other global side opposite to China, and we stayed at our current town for almost ten years till now, and to me,  it still feels like that we just moved here last year. Here in this town neither too big nor too small, the snow is much, much, and more much. Sometimes, I had to clean my driveway 3 times a day during a heavy snowfall. There were also many times we got to dig the car and house out of snow! Oh! Tons of fun, I love the snow, even though the imaginary picture never comes true to me and remains as a dream or day-dream. Also, I learnt some snow sports full of fun other than snow-fighting.

This year, the snow came as early as October, and it snowed for one week and there was not much to do at weekends except for eating hot-pot or something else similar. There is one thing I am so proud of myself and can not resist to tell: I learnt to make (羊肉烩面) this week. It tastes delicious and exactly the same as the ones I ate at restaurants in China . I even planned to cook my new favorite for the coming Christmas parties. Sorry, this obviously shifted away from today’s topic about the snow, and let us moves back to snow. This weekend, the weather became mild and it was a perfect time for going outside to play with snow. My little son and I went to the park behind our community for snow sliding.

In warm sun shinning, gentle wind, and soft snow, on the way I pulled my son sitting on the slide to the hill.  Standing on the hill, the view of snow-covered frozen lake, foot prints on the trail, leafless woods, a lonely bird on tree-top, clouds in the blue sky, and the sound of train from far away, fulfilled me with the beauty of nature. We slid down the hill screaming with the speeding of our body, and yelling as we rolled down off our slide and flipped over. My son preferred to walk up the hill himself rather than I took him up.  We slid down and went up again and again till the sun set down. It was a wonderful afternoon full of fun! 

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>

• timing in the meaning of words
  • The wayward wind
  • Diamond of love
  • pictures
  • Three sounds in the past
  • 所有跟帖: 

你的文章真是诗一般的美啊,充满了玫瑰色的梦幻。。 -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (190 bytes) () 11/18/2012 postreply 19:20:03

Thanks, MF. I am happy that you like it! -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (276 bytes) () 11/18/2012 postreply 20:47:50

再表扬一遍:你真是你LP名副其实的模范LG啊。:) -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (106 bytes) () 11/18/2012 postreply 20:52:38

Thanks, MF, -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (61 bytes) () 11/18/2012 postreply 21:52:17

Nice one, like it ! -yingyudidida- 给 yingyudidida 发送悄悄话 yingyudidida 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2012 postreply 05:37:33

Thanks! Happy new week! -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2012 postreply 10:27:10

回复:Snow sliding -bmdn- 给 bmdn 发送悄悄话 (3129 bytes) () 11/19/2012 postreply 13:59:28

Thx!DN! Good points! -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2012 postreply 14:08:50

Thanks for sharing. Will read later -同学小薇- 给 同学小薇 发送悄悄话 同学小薇 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2012 postreply 15:10:44

图文并茂,白雪皑皑,父子情深,趣意盎然。 -斓婷- 给 斓婷 发送悄悄话 斓婷 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/21/2012 postreply 06:39:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”