站在巨人肩上继续,看看我改的:

来源: 非文学青年 2012-10-26 15:54:54 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (13205 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 非文学青年 ] 在 2012-10-28 16:45:14 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 在文青回来之前, 先听先改一些.tingfeng2012-10-26 12:11:31

CBC Windsor is taking a hard look at policing in the(this) city leading up to a public town hall on Wednesday night. We invite you to join us with your questions about what you want from (the) Windsor police service their new chief Al Frederick has made public accountability one of his biggest priorities, and he will be on the(our) panel taking your questions, it’s happening Wednesday at the Capital Theatre starting at 8 o’clock, it’s free, just stop by. Now, one of the ways simply the(some police) Services have improved their accountability is through the use of video cameras, usually mounted on the dashboard of their cars. In Edmonton they’ve gone a step farther; they are trying out body cameras.

Superintend Ed Keller at the Edmonton Police Services on the telephone,

“Good morning, Sir!”,

“Good Morning!”

“What are body cameras?”

“Well, body cameras are body worn video (that) is a video camera that’s attached to the officer. That really will fall(I think it’s “follow”, but it does sound like “fall”) the officer around, and I guess we will differentiate itself from a camera that is mounted in the car. This camera will actually fall(follow) the officer into home or outside of the car into the back alley, has the ability to tape both the audio as the voice and the video what’s happening or what’s the officer can see.  The particular model we’re casting(testing) right now is the one just mounts serving(sort of in) the chest area of the officer, and can tape really in the direction of(that) the officer’s facing.”

“So, how does a police officer physically use this thing?”

“so, eh, we’ve developed some policy forms (so) that they can determine when to use it. We don’t want them when they are on general patrol or just generally walking down the street, going about their duties to be taping the people around them. We’ve, eh, we are not investigating anything at that point, really we have no interest in having people part of their(听不太清好像part of a program of prolice record?) police record. However, when they are dispatched to a call from the public or when they come upon an incident that they discover and they’ve got now a legal duty to investigate, at that point though, they will turn on the camera. And they will allow the camera to tape both (the) video and (the) voice while they are investigating their(that) particular incident.” “Charlie, (surely) you’ve talked about specific scenarios where this will(would) be useful. Can you help me out (with) one of those.”

“I would say (really) any scenario is of use to police where we can have an independent, accurate, and objective re-collection of (an) interaction between a whatever (one of) our officer(s) is(and) a member of our public while they engage in their duty. Really one of any those times to have the ability to go back and have that good re-collection that’s not affected by subjective things like (a) person’s recall, things that they can recall, any one of those are of interests to us, anything from where the camera would actually be collecting evidence, what the(a) person may be (have) looked like, injuries, those type of things, all the way up to (when) there is a question of conduct, the ability to have something that’s independent, accurate, (and) objective is a (of) great interest.”

“I’m wondering if your officers will warn people at a particular scene they are in fact being video taped.”    “They do, the whole intent of the video is not in any way it is hidden. The device itself is warn and (worn in open?)open and plainly visible. And the policy we’ve developed, we’re really testing right now, requires officer to tell the person that they’re being taped.”

“What will the footage be used for? What can the footage be used for?”   

“so the footage can be used for many things, could be used for evidence, so there is any result in any criminal charges. Footage could be used for evidence everything from the procedural matters whether(我听着像what)  the person receives their right to console, those type of things, to collecting evidence anything the officer sees we’re hoping the camera is also taping. It can be used to assess training needs for our administrative purposes for us to review and be able to respond to the training needs. It can be used also for, to help us when we are faced with an allegation from a member of public about (our)behavior, we can use it for those purposes, too.”

“I know you can’t speak to what is happening here in Winsor, Sir, nor would I expect you to. Generally speaking, how do you think the use of the cameras might improve the accountability and public trust with any police agency including yours?”

“we really are going to be looking to answer some those questions suit for (through good?) studying. I am not sure technologies in itself can ever answer those of kind of questions. However,(you know) if the technology holds up to some of its promises, and we can show (that) we can bring about increased accountability through this device. It can only help, we’re working hard to solve a lot of the technique issues. Now as we do that, we are going through an assessment to see from the public’s point of view how they are being received and if we are in fact seen(seeing) improvement in a way of we’ve been viewed in public.

所有跟帖: 

校长出品纯属精品! -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/26/2012 postreply 18:10:24

文巨人改得好,向你学习! -tingfeng- 给 tingfeng 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/27/2012 postreply 14:52:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”