Nice writing! 回报点儿砖。

来源: 非文学青年 2012-10-18 20:35:01 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (4898 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 非文学青年 ] 在 2012-10-19 05:55:32 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: My employment experience and passion discovery.tingfeng2012-10-18 07:03:19

When I was pursuing my degree at a local university, I volunteered in some places where I considered them as my potential future employers(where I wanted to work in the future, or which/that I considered as my potential (future好像有点多余)employers).  The purpose of doing so was to gain precious working experience, to showcase how pleasant and a great team player I was(I would say: what a pleasant person and a great team player I was.), and also to demonstrate my understanding of leadership, problem solving skills.  Once I was working at a medical clinic as a receptionist responsible for organizing and disseminating certificates to people who came for vaccinations. The tasks were as simple as they sounded like.  Of course, I devoted myself to the work and kept the clinic flow nicely, smoothly.

The supervisor of the clinic is my current supervisor, who closely observed my work at the clinic and had a great impression of my working style. By the time, I attended the interview of my current position, she was able to recall my face and the work I had done with(for?) her, but I wasn’t able to remember her at all. Minutes after the mingle prior to my interview; we had already established a good rapport between each other. As you could image(imagine), the interview went very well and I finally(It feels like finally should be "easily" here, hehe) got my job! I love my job and find my passion which had been remained undiscovered for many years.(here, I would say: I found my passion which has remained undiscovered for many years. I have been loving my job ever since.)

Another experience is with now   an executive director of the human resource department with my current employer. We’ve known each other way back many years ago(I would choose one from "way back" and "many years ago") when she was a(an) HR staff at a private sector and I was a volunteer again with one of the(I feel it should be "its" here) programs.  Though we don’t have much personal contacts with each other, we could recognize each others’ name(each other's name). When I was seeking permanency within the organization, she helped provide interview opportunities to me with the matching programs.

Some thoughts beyond my experience are that we need to have some social ties with others. Not only the friends you make for(in) everyday live(life), with whom you share common interests and common values, but also someone who can help with your professional development and future employment. In Chinese, it is call(called) 关系,in English it is Guanxi.  Because life or career path is such an unknown thing for many of us, we never know where the life (or use "it")will bring(take) us to.  But doing the best as you can and being the best as you can, the hard work you’ve done will be paid off and you will find your true passion later on in your life.

所有跟帖: 

typo on my part: "has remained undiscovered" should be "had rema -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2012 postreply 21:12:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”