Chinglish and Englinese

来源: 海外逸士 2012-07-11 05:48:18 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5104 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 海外逸士 ] 在 2012-07-11 08:01:48 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Now, many English-speakers and Chinese speakers know what Chinglish means. Chinglish, Chinese-English, comes from those Chinese who can't learn standard English and can only use Chinese sentence structure in which they speak English words, such as “long time no see”, meaning “haven't seen each other for a long time”. This phrase can only be used to refer to people, can't be used for things. And also “people mountain, people sea”, meaning crowds of people gathering together and occupying a vast area like mountain or sea does. This structure can also be used in “documents mountain, meetings sea”, meaning a lot of documents to read, which are piled up like a mountain, and so many unimportant meetings to attend, which often continue for hours without effective results.

Quite a few Chinese people who learn English don't pay attention to how English-speakers say, but use their knowledge of English grammar and English words they choose to form sentences to express their ideas. The way they say is not how native English-speakers say. That is also deemed Chinglish.

Nowadays, with the open policy of China, many foreigners come into China. They want to learn Chinese, but a few of them cannot learn Chinese language well and speak Chinese by using the way of the expression in English language just like some Chinese people speak Chinglish, that is Englinese, English-Chinese. There are some examples: when Chinese people say 我每天早上上學, literally meaning “I every morning go to school.” But some foreigners will put it in Chinese like that: 我上學每天早上, literally meaning “I go to school every morning.” It's typically English, but not typically Chinese. They use word order in English sentence in Chinese sentence, making it Englinese. Another example is that some foreigners will say 我會說中國話不多, literally meaning “I can speak Chinese not much.” But we Chinese will say 我不會說多中國話, literally meaning “I can't speak much Chinese.” Or 我只會說一點中國話, literally meaning “I can only speak a little Chinese.”

In my opinion, if the Chinese want to learn English or if foreigners want to learn Chinese, they must know and learn how the native speakers say.

所有跟帖: 

if it is a widely accpetted expression, nothing would be wrong t -DailyTranslation- 给 DailyTranslation 发送悄悄话 (453 bytes) () 07/11/2012 postreply 15:23:32

学英语也得看在什么阶段和跟什么老师学,不是nativ就是好。这里的一些native还看不懂我的文章呢。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (51 bytes) () 07/11/2012 postreply 16:01:32

oops我是说我在加拿大的一些英语老师是中国来的高材生。 而我认识的一些natives他们没有阅读能力。 -sportwoman- 给 sportwoman 发送悄悄话 sportwoman 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/11/2012 postreply 17:02:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”