Please celebrate Saint Patrick Day

来源: 唵啊吽 2010-03-15 21:37:14 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4143 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 唵啊吽 ] 在 2010-03-16 17:07:55 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Please celebrate Saint Patrick Day. Please be Green on March 17. March 17 is Saint Patrick day. Saint Patrick day is Ireland’s National Day. Saint Patrick is Irish patron Saint.  Please wearing in green, eat green, joint the Saint Patrick parade, have a feast or drink a lot of bear, just for celebrating Saint Patrick Day.

Last Saturday, in downtown Shanghai, people got together to have a magnificent Saint Patrick Parade. Yes, you don’t need to be Catholic to celebrate Saint Patrick day, neither you need to be Irish. It’s not the first time Shanghai had Saint Patrick Parade. As far as my Internet search can find, Shanghai has been celebrating Saint Patrick day since as early as 2008.

I joint the Saint Patrick Parade at New York and appreciate Celtic Culture. The man skirt, the windpipe and the tap dance, all these are Irish culture and are part of human culture. When Irish immigrants settled on other countries, they keep their culture and manifest it on Saint Patrick Parade. I hope we Chinese immigrants can just like Irish immigrants in this aspect. We don’t need to hate Chinese culture in order to enter West Culture. In fact, we can, just like Irish, keep our culture and be proud of our culture. Different cultures should respect each other and life together. You can feel the humanist spirit in Saint Patrick Parade. Irish people are proud of their own culture. Their cheer their heritage without the need to hate other’s culture. They welcome you cheer with them together regardless your culture background. Feel good about our own culture, and feel good about other cultures. That’s the human spirit.

Saint Patrick Day is a Catholic religion day, but don’t be afraid. Whether you are Catholic, Protestant, Islamic, Buddhism, Confucian, or simply atheist, just celebrate Saint Patrick Day.  Irish has not intention to convert you into Catholic by Saint Patrick parade. That’s the human spirit of Saint Patrick parade. Irish celebrate their Christian heritage of their culture while respect other’s faith and believes. Freedom of believes can only exist when no believer regards believers of other religion are inferior or evil. Irish celebrate their culture of Catholic background, and welcome people of other believe to celebrate with them. I wish our Chinese immigrants can enter local society while keeping our own Buddhism, Confucian or atheism believes, with cheer and dignity like Irish in Saint Patrick Parade.

A Chinese girl I known married an Irish hu*****and. They are a happy couple. Religion, ethnic race and culture are barriers can be overcome by love. Religion, Race and culture should not be barriers separate human into groups that hate each other. People can life together while keeping their own culture.

Please celebrate Saint Patrick day with every one in your company or your community. You don’t need to be a Catholic or an Irish to celebrate Saint Patrick Day. Saint Patrick day is Irish culture, and is also part of human culture. We joint Irish to celebrate Saint Patrick Day just like we welcome others to joint us in celebrate Chinese Spring Festival and Mid-Autumn Festival.

Please celebrate Saint Patrick day. It’s part of human culture. I hope in the future the world has only on country called the Earth and only on Nation called Human Being.

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • Please celebrate Saint Patrick Day
  • shit
  • 三个月亮
  • 歪嘴和尚在念经:地震中被埋的孩子“没希望”了(ZT)
  • 主流媒体的完美之作:《围城中的拉萨》(ZT)
  • 所有跟帖: 

祝你Saint Patrick Day快乐,谢谢你的介绍。Go green. -婉蕠- 给 婉蕠 发送悄悄话 婉蕠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/16/2010 postreply 10:46:20

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”