Words, Mirror of Heart - 语言,心灵之镜

来源: 花开剑鞘边 2009-07-08 06:05:01 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2580 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 花开剑鞘边 ] 在 2009-07-08 16:23:43 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Photo courtesy: http://www.cuiniao.cn

There was a famous poet and politician called Su Dongpo, who befriended with a monk called Foyin. They enjoyed time together and occasionally battled of wits with each other. One day, they sat still practicing meditation. After a while, Su opened his eyes and asked Foyin, “What do I look like sitting in meditation?” “You look like a poised Buddha.” Foyin took a look and praised with nodding. Su was pleased. Foyin asked in reply, “How do you think about me?” “You look like bullshit.” Su teased Foyin intentionally. Foyin smiled and put his palms together continuing meditation.

After Su returned home, he told his sister proudly,

“I poked fun at Monk Foyin today.”

After she learned the whole story, she laughed at Su,

“Foyin has Buddha in his mind, so he sees everything as Buddha; you have bullshit in your heart, so you see everything as bullshit. Foyin wins with more cultivation.”

We not only use our eyes watching the world, but also use our heart perceiving it. Our heart colors our view and our view reflects our mindset.

The internationally renowned inspirational author Wayne Dyer ever said, "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."

When a person makes judgment about another, it reveals more the speaker’s morality and personality, fair or unfair, biased or open-minded, kind or mean, decent or obscene. Also, from one’s assumptions of others’ life and activities, we can tell that person’s moral standard, inner being, and hidden desires.

Words are mirror of one’s heart.

Welcome to my personal blog - a better self, a better world

所有跟帖: 

Eukera, I find Gold. :-) -天泽园- 给 天泽园 发送悄悄话 天泽园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/08/2009 postreply 18:23:48

Ooops, Eureka . -天泽园- 给 天泽园 发送悄悄话 天泽园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/08/2009 postreply 18:28:14

Yes. Silence is gold. -花开剑鞘边- 给 花开剑鞘边 发送悄悄话 花开剑鞘边 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/08/2009 postreply 19:34:32

我天天在线。电邮没有变化。再试试。 -宋德利利- 给 宋德利利 发送悄悄话 宋德利利 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2009 postreply 11:40:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”