好难的作业:我要抄花花的汉译英:

来源: beautifulwind 2021-07-09 17:08:27 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8202 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ beautifulwind ] 在 2021-07-09 17:40:38 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 【一句话翻译】Faith can move mountains.FuRongLi2021-07-09 06:05:47

【Chinese to English Translation】

1. 生活没有目标, 犹如航海没有罗盘。

Life without a goal is like sailing without a compass.

2. 冬天来了, 春天还会远吗?

Winter comes,yet spring is far away?

3. 幽默被人正确地解释为“以诚挚表达感受,寓深思于嬉笑”。

Humor is interpreted as expressing with sincerity and laughing with deliberating.

4.世界犹如一面镜子:朝它皱眉它就朝你皱眉,朝它微笑它也朝你微笑。

The world is like a mirror:if you frown at it,it will frown back at you. But if you smile at it, it will smile back at you.

you 

【English to Chinese Translation】

1. Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing. 
2. The world can be changed by man's endeavor, and that this endeavor can lead to something new and better. No man can sever the bonds that unite him to his society simply by averting his eyes. He must ever be receptive and sensitive to the new; and have sufficient courage and skill to novel facts and to deal with them.

【English Idioms】
Please create a sentence using the idioms.

1. Once in a blue moon

He doesn't show up quite often. I only see him once in a blue moon.
Example: We work on different schedules. I only see him once in a blue moon.
2. Bite off more than you can chew 

I thought being a moderator would be a piece of cake,but I have bitten off more than I can chew.

Example: Nancy started to repair her car by herself, but she realized that she had bitten off more than she could chew.

【Reading Comprehension】(Optional)

In a calm sea every man is pilot.

在平静的海面上,每一个男人都是领航者。
But all sunshine without shade, all pleasure without pain, is not life at

但是没有阴影的阳光,没有苦痛的快乐,根本就不是真实的生活。

all. Take the lot of the happiest – it is a tangled yarn.

最快乐的说,它是一团麻。

Bereavements and

blessings, one following another, make us sad and blessed by turns.

悲哀着悲哀,祝福着祝福,接踵而至。

Even death itself makes life more loving. Men come closest to their true selves in the sober moments of life, under the shadows of sorrow and loss.

即便死亡也让生活更加充满爱。人们在悲哀的阴影下,在清醒的时候,会更接近真实的他们自己。

In the affairs of life or business, it is not intellect that tells so much as character, not brains so much as heart, not genius so much as self-control, patience, and discipline, regulated by judgment.
I have always believed that the man who has begun to live more seriously within begins to live more simply without. In an age of extravagance and waste, I wish I could show to the world how few the real wants of humanity are.
To regret one’s errors to the point of not repeating them is true repentance. There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

所有跟帖: 

Work well done! The last paragraph was written by Ernest Hemingw -FuRongLi- 给 FuRongLi 发送悄悄话 FuRongLi 的博客首页 (261 bytes) () 07/09/2021 postreply 18:34:55

我好像读过。是老人与海吗? -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2021 postreply 18:53:56

I don't think so. It come from《The true nobility》. -FuRongLi- 给 FuRongLi 发送悄悄话 FuRongLi 的博客首页 (340 bytes) () 07/09/2021 postreply 19:29:14

我就说我读过,果然是在花花贴出的来美坛的第二个帖。因为第一句话海上舵手我还记得:) -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2021 postreply 21:18:29

你做的这么好, 我要抄你的还差不多。 -树的花花世界- 给 树的花花世界 发送悄悄话 树的花花世界 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2021 postreply 19:56:46

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”