先占位。作业是越来越多,越来越难,咋办啊?想逃课了 :)还是老老实实交作业吧:

来源: 甜虫虫 2021-07-09 09:59:28 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3855 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 甜虫虫 ] 在 2021-07-09 15:20:13 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 【一句话翻译】Faith can move mountains.FuRongLi2021-07-09 06:05:47

【Chinese to English Translation】

1. 生活没有目标, 犹如航海没有罗盘。

Life without a goal is like sailing without a compass.

2. 冬天来了, 春天还会远吗?

Winter is here, could Spring be far behind?

3. 幽默被人正确地解释为“以诚挚表达感受,寓深思于嬉笑”。

Humor is accurately considered as "Expressing feelings with sincerity, and implying deep thoughts in laughters".

4.世界犹如一面镜子:朝它皱眉它就朝你皱眉,朝它微笑它也朝你微笑。

The world is like a mirror: you frown at it, it frowns back at you, and if you smile at it, it too smiles back at you.

【English to Chinese Translation】

1. Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing. 

有时候我们花最大的代价在无意义的东西上

2. The world can be changed by man's endeavor, and that this endeavor can lead to something new and better. No man can sever the bonds that unite him to his society simply by averting his eyes. He must ever be receptive and sensitive to the new; and have sufficient courage and skill to novel facts and to deal with them.

人们的努力可以改变世界,并且这种努力能带来崭新的更好的事务。没有人能够简单地装作没看见而游离于这个社会之外。我们必须能敏锐地发觉和感受新事物; 并有足够的勇气和技能去发掘和面对真相。

【English Idioms】
Please create a sentence using the idioms.

1. Once in a blue moon
Example: We work on different schedules. I only see him once in a blue moon.

Once in a blue moon, he would call upon her just to say Hi.

2. Bite off more than you can chew 
Example: Nancy started to repair her car by herself, but she realized that she had bitten off more than she could chew.

I thought I could fix that combination oven myself, after I took it off the wall, I realized that I bit off more than I could chew.

【Reading Comprehension】(Optional)

In a calm sea every man is pilot.
But all sunshine without shade, all pleasure without pain, is not life at all. Take the lot of the happiest – it is a tangled yarn. Bereavements and blessings, one following another, make us sad and blessed by turns. Even death itself makes life more loving. Men come closest to their true selves in the sober moments of life, under the shadows of sorrow and loss.
In the affairs of life or business, it is not intellect that tells so much as character, not brains so much as heart, not genius so much as self-control, patience, and discipline, regulated by judgment.
I have always believed that the man who has begun to live more seriously within begins to live more simply without. In an age of extravagance and waste, I wish I could show to the world how few the real wants of humanity are.
To regret one’s errors to the point of not repeating them is true repentance. There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

Read, an nutritious English chicken soup.:)

所有跟帖: 

Excellent work! Thanks甜虫虫! -FuRongLi- 给 FuRongLi 发送悄悄话 FuRongLi 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2021 postreply 15:55:48

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”