翻译 选择职业

来源: bolang 2011-09-02 22:45:01 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4546 bytes)
回答: 【翻译听写】练习之十五 -- 选择职业EnLearner2011-08-28 20:02:08

翻译

Choosing the career

Your Majesty,

I was busy on various duties these days, and not able reply to you earlier. I apologize for the delays.    

To me, a person’s primary responsibility is to be independent,  to avoid burden others with his own livings.  Besides that, learning to do valuable work precisely and deliberately in the society, its self, is an important education, the effect will show in other careers. The habits,  which you still work on thing you are not interested even when you would rather to do others,  is very precious. If I have had cultivated the habit when I was young, I could have avoided the massive waste of time.

Any achievement in science, need outstanding capability, diligence and energy. If you have the above characters, you can find yourself a position in science by spending your spare time beside your routine work in commerce. If you do not, you would be better stick to commerce. The worst thing in the world is as the young man in Scotland tale “ did not finish the spoon, but destroyed the  lamb horn” and  become the  sorry apology person in literature or science.  You can become an useful and valuable person to the society if you can go to do other job.

I recommend you to share this letter with your father.

Sincerely, Yours,

T.H Huxley

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”