my translation 选择职业

来源: newton123 2011-08-29 11:42:17 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2526 bytes)
回答: 【翻译听写】练习之十五 -- 选择职业EnLearner2011-08-28 20:02:08

Dear Sir:

I feel deep sorry I could not reply you earlier due to busy scheduale.

In my view, a person’s primary responsibility is to support himself thus to exempt others from the burden of his living cost. Besides, it is a very essential education learning to go seriously and cautiously in a occupation of practical value in society, and its effects will reflect on other causes. It is estimable that you can perform well in those jobs you are not interested in while you have your preference. It would have avoided an astonishing waste of time if I had been accustomed to such habit when I was young.

Any achievement in science requires unusual talent, hardworking and energy. If you have these merits, beside your daily business, you will have spare time to find a place for yourself in science society. If you don’t, you’d better focus on your current cause. Nothing is less desirable than being there just to make a number in the arts and science community, like what is said in a Scottland proverb “Trying to make a spoon spoils the horn”. One perhaps will be a useful and valuable member of the community in other occupation.

I deem this letter be read by your father please.

Your sincere

T. H. Huxley

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”