My translation:

来源: NewVoice 2011-08-22 16:11:07 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3090 bytes)

Appointed as the commander-in-chief

George Washington

You may trust me, and I solemnly swear that I did not seek this appointment at all, but tried my best and used every means to avoid it, not only because I don’t want to separate from you and the family, but also because I know so well that it is beyond my ability to take on such a great responsibility. Furthermore, if I have to be away from home for decades to search for happiness in the distance future, I would rather be with you at home for a month to be truly happy. But destiny has bestowed on me this mission; I hope that I was assigned to take this task to make some accomplishments.

I trust God, who always protect me and bless me, and I believe strongly that I will return to you safely in the fall. I don’t feel sorry for the hardness and dangers of the mission; what make me feel sad is that I know that you will be alone at home, feeling anxious and worried. Therefore, I ask you to build up your courage, and try to live happily. There is nothing else that makes me happier than hearing the news of your well being, especially from your own writings.

受命统率全军
            乔治·华盛顿

你可以相信我,我极其庄严地向你保证我根本没有追求过这项任命,而是竭尽全力,千方百计地回避它。这不仅是因为我不愿意同你以及全家人分别,而且因为我深知责任重大,非我力所能及。另外,倘若我出门数十载寻求前景非常遥远的幸福,那还比不上在家中与你相聚一个月那样真正幸福。但是,既然命运已赋予我这个使命,我希望,安排我来承担这个任务是为了使我有所建树。……

我将信赖一直保佑我和降福于我的上帝,深信到秋天我将平安地回到你的身边。对出征所带来的艰辛和危险,我不会感到痛苦,使我难过的是我知道你独自一人留在家中必然感到焦虑不安。因此,我恳求你鼓起全部勇气,尽量愉快地过日子.没有什么比听到你过得愉快的消息--并且是从你的笔下听到这消息,能使我感到更大的欣慰了.

所有跟帖: 

My dictation: -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 (1934 bytes) () 08/22/2011 postreply 16:58:51

昨天读觉得姐姐翻得真好,今天再读看到了砖头 -lmao- 给 lmao 发送悄悄话 (561 bytes) () 08/23/2011 postreply 22:48:02

Thanks! I can always count on you for a few bricks! -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 (654 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 03:57:56

第二个和第三个 -lmao- 给 lmao 发送悄悄话 (563 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 08:06:50

I learned a lot. Thanks! sis. -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 09:56:37

Co: I learned a lot. Thanks! sis. -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/25/2011 postreply 19:57:06

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”