真是物以稀为贵,$576一磅,看看就得了。

来源: 过客心径 2012-12-10 13:03:27 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5038 bytes)

The World’s Most Expensive Cheese is $576 A Pound.

As I learned researching olive oil, sometimes more expensive versions of products are worth the extra money because the increased overhead costs of producing it “the right way” result in a superior product. This is the basic argument against fast food and I’m all in on the handmade/craft/artisan/small-batch/local movement. But sometimes these overhead costs just make things more expensive, not necessarily better.

The Zasavica nature reserve is the only place in the world where farmers milk donkeys. According to this news report, each donkey only yields a twentieth of a gallon daily. It takes about 3 gallons of this milk to make 1 pound of cheese. You don’t have to be an agronomy economist to figure out that this isn’t going to make for a very efficient business model.

For what it’s worth, the reserve claims the true market value would be three-to-five times more and that they sell it at the reasonable $576/lb price point to raise awareness for their conservation work. The same news report provides the only specifics on donkey dairy I could find – that donkey milk has 60 times the vitamin C of its bovine counterpart – which isn’t a compelling reason to spend this exorbitant sum. Something tells me that the people buying this cheese are doing so for the same reason 6 people bought the short-lived $1000 “I am Rich” iPhone app that literally did nothing except cost $1000 – to throw the number at the lesser, non-rich people of the world.

所有跟帖: 

要是谁用蝙蝠奶做起士的话,那还不知道要卖啥价了 -StopBy- 给 StopBy 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/10/2012 postreply 13:10:54

你这还整个会飞的,那还不得天价。前些日子看pbs一节目用蜘蛛网丝织布。 -过客心径- 给 过客心径 发送悄悄话 过客心径 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/10/2012 postreply 13:20:12

the cheese could fetch as much as $2,900 a pound if it were sold -HenryLi- 给 HenryLi 发送悄悄话 HenryLi 的博客首页 (103 bytes) () 12/10/2012 postreply 13:30:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”