Your husband is already sent $10K to your parents. I think he is

来源: estar 2021-02-04 07:08:21 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1587 bytes)
回答: 是我小心眼还是他太自私?疏影横斜20192021-02-02 09:56:39

Do your parents really need money? Does he know your family financial situation. If he knows your family financial situation is pretty good it is very reasonable that he said he will give the money when he started working in China. As there is no urgent needs for the money. It is just to show parents that kids care about them.

Neither my husband nor I really give much money to our parents. We keep money for us only. Both sides have medical insurance if they need medicare. Both sides have pension as well although not much. I don't picture older people need to spend a lot of money. They need company. So if you could take some time off to visit them and take care of them. That is even better. My husband is not Chinese. They really don't have habit of giving parents any money other than buying gifts for birthdays and xmas.

My husband and I don't put money together either because we already have established fiancial situation before we got married. Our income is close enough. Maybe his is a bit higher. I like the fact that our income is separate. I don't need to negotiate anything if I need to buy anything large. I like the freedom. I guess that is also because I am not contribute half of our expenses. He covers the majority. I only cover my own expenses plus some small things here and there. It worked out well for us.

Don't ask too much from your husband. I would recommend not to let your husband go back to China to work. If he stays in China you stay here there will be potential trouble.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I should not expect too much -疏影横斜2019- 给 疏影横斜2019 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2021 postreply 09:49:38

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”