哈哈哈,好奇一下, 怎么拖呢, 比如让全世界的人都学四书五经? 不再学科学? 不再用现代洗手间?

来源: gzlady 2018-12-09 13:12:20 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2557 bytes)

BTW, 你知道五百年前的欧洲是怎样的吗? 其实现代的物质文明是工业革命带来的, Toilet 的普遍应用是在1850年之后。

这文章说到工业革命怎样改变人类的命运

It is a question that needs to be asked if we want to know how we became what we are. The 19th and 20th centuries are in many ways the most transformative centuries in all of human history. Until about 1800, the vast bulk of people on this planet were poor. And when I say poor, I mean they were on the brink of physical starvation for most of their lives.

Life expectancy in 1750 was around 38 at most, and much lower in some places. The notion that today we would live 80 years, and spend much of those in leisure, is totally unexpected. The lower middle class in Western and Asian industrialized societies today has a higher living standard than the pope and the emperors of a few centuries back, in every dimension. That is the result of one thing: Our ability to understand the forces of nature and harness them for our economic needs.

If we understood how that happened, we would understand human history. For thousands of years, the material conditions that people lived in changed very little. Then all of a sudden, in 1800, it just zooms up.

That came out of Western Europe and its offshoot in North America after 1800. If it hadn’t been for that, you and I would be looking at a life expectancy of maybe 40, and I probably I wouldn’t be sipping cappuccino from a fancy machine and talking to you on my smartphone. Look at what we have achieved in every dimension. Technology hasn’t just increased our income, it’s changed every aspect of daily life.

link:   https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/10/28/why-the-industrial-revolution-didnt-happen-in-china/?utm_term=.ec6e355bb073

所有跟帖: 

要全世界成立人类共同体,拥立习做体长,终身的。世界人民天天诵读习思想。 -钱百万- 给 钱百万 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/09/2018 postreply 13:24:56

你觉得别的国家会照着做吗? 这样说不是低估了西方人的民主基础了吗? 很多美国人倒是天天诵读圣经的 :)) -gzlady- 给 gzlady 发送悄悄话 gzlady 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/09/2018 postreply 13:28:53

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”