I contacted the state regarding this. Here are the answers.

来源: xiaoxiao2013 2015-12-04 10:00:32 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1937 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ xiaoxiao2013 ] 在 2015-12-04 10:08:49 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Hi xiaoxiao2013

Below is information that xxxx of the Washington State Department of Health sent me regarding your question about the safety of Dungeness crab harvested in Washington State (date Nov. 19th).  Nothing has changed for Puget Sound since she sent us this email.  According to this from Washington Department of Health, Dungeness crab harvested from Puget Sound are safe to eat.

Regards-xx

Dungeness Crab harvested from open and approved areas in Puget Sound do not contain domoic acid or other biotoxins and is safe for human consumption.  Our protocol based on historical testing is to test crab for biotoxins, including domoic acid, only when we see high levels of the biotoxins in other species of shellfish since crab will only become toxic when high levels of toxin are present. The regular shellfish biotoxin monitoring within Puget Sound has not shown domoic acid of any level of concern and so therefore Dungeness Crab from Puget Sound are considered safe for human consumption.

All commercially harvested Dungeness crab currently on the market from Washington should be safe to eat. In coastal Washington, the department has expanded its testing of crab for domoic acid due to persistent elevated levels of this toxin in razor clams.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with!

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”