My take on this incident is that

来源: Crystaldowns 2012-12-18 07:50:42 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1126 bytes)

It's an alarming warning that most of the recent killings happened when some deeply troubled young people wanted to change their image from a "misfit" to an "anti-hero", i.e. Aurora movie theater massacre, VT campus shooting, Sandy Hook shooting...etc. It's not difficult for us to see the commonalities among these seemingly unconnected incidents.What does that tell us? and what should we do to prevent this from happening in the future? 

To me, it's has become a societal issue or better yet, a "generation issue", not only caused by the ownership of weapons (although I strongly believe that NOBODY, absolutely NOBODY hould own weapons like AK47 unless you are a soldier at war), it's more of a deeply rooted issue caused by the media inundated with violence. Kids grow up in an enviornment like this would inevitably think that using weapons to kill is a "cool" thing and a "natural" thing to do. And for those often described as "quiet" and "un-cool" type, their only chance to become cool might be pickup a gun and play a "part" in these shooting scenes.

SAD! Something's gotta change! 

所有跟帖: 

真希望更多的讨论注重你说的这些方面, -过客心径- 给 过客心径 发送悄悄话 过客心径 的博客首页 (154 bytes) () 12/18/2012 postreply 08:01:12

Thanks! We can at least start with ourselves. -Crystaldowns- 给 Crystaldowns 发送悄悄话 Crystaldowns 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/18/2012 postreply 08:11:17

正点! -红焖羊肉- 给 红焖羊肉 发送悄悄话 红焖羊肉 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/18/2012 postreply 08:02:33

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”