Help: renter did not pay utility $126, and move out, do i need t

来源: xiaofengjiayuan 2007-06-01 14:06:02 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1765 bytes)
I rented out house out through 8/2005 - 11/2005. I canceled the service with the water/sewer company when i moved out. the renter called in and activated the service under their name. But the renter never paid rent and moved out (thanks god, they move out even they trashed my house). I received first notice from Dept of Public Work for Dupage County, IL on asking me to pay for $125.60 for the period the renter lived in. the letter said that according to their standard policy, the legal owner of property shall pay for the service. I have following questions:

1. DO i need to pay even the service was not under my name. I checked phone company, cable company, they all said i do not need to pay (it is obvious that the renter did not pay any bill for the period lived in my house).
2. If it is legal owner’s responsibility to pay for the water and sewer service when the renter does not pay for the service, should the company keep the me informed when the renter did not pay for the service. their standard policy quoted following, they should take actions 45 days after not receiving the payment, but they informed me half year after the renter moved out.
.....Whenever a bill for use of County Water Supply and Distribution or Wastewater service remain unpaid for 45 days after it has been rendered, the Director may file with the County Recorder of Deeds a statement of Lien claim.........
3. I do not want to pay for this, but i heard that unpaid utility will affect my credit. i am planning to move to a new place and buy a new house, i do not want see this happening.
Thanks in advance for any advice and help. BTW, the property is in Naperville, IL. Does anyone know where i can get renting policy in IL.

A poor Lendlord.

所有跟帖: 

You may deduct the fee from the tenants' deposit. -Awesome- 给 Awesome 发送悄悄话 Awesome 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2007 postreply 14:10:58

你也太扣了. 人家landlord都是pay water, sewege 的 -daodao- 给 daodao 发送悄悄话 daodao 的博客首页 (60 bytes) () 06/01/2007 postreply 16:22:21

怎么这样说。也有不包任何utilities的。双方事先协商好。 -Awesome- 给 Awesome 发送悄悄话 Awesome 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2007 postreply 18:36:25

unpaid utility will affect somebody's credit, but not yours -bluespirit- 给 bluespirit 发送悄悄话 bluespirit 的博客首页 (94 bytes) () 06/01/2007 postreply 16:33:56

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”