脸皮厚一次 在英文诗歌网站贴了100多首有过两次上首页一次是翻译余秀华的

来源: 颤音 2021-04-30 08:27:40 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4294 bytes)

横店村的下午 

余秀华

恰巧阳光正好,照到坡上的屋脊,照到一排白杨 

照到一方方小水塘,照到水塘边的水草 

照到匍匐的蕨类植物。照到油菜,小麦 

光阴不够平整,被那么多的植物分取 

被一头牛分取,被水中央的鸭子分取 

被一个个手势分取 

同时,也被我分取 

我用分取的光阴凑足了半辈子 

母亲用这些零碎凑足了一头白发 

只有万物欢腾 

——它们又凑足了一个春天 

我们在这样的春天里 

不过是把横店村重新捂热一遍

One afternoon in the village Hengdian

The sun shines exactly as needed, on the roofs on the hill, on a row of aspen trees
Shines on many square ponds, on the reed in the edge of the ponds
Shines on the crawling ferns. Shines on canola, wheat
The alternating light and darkness aren’t fair or regular, shared by many plants
One share for a cow, one share for the ducks in the water
Shared by many hand gestures
At the same time, shared by me
I piece together my share of light and darkness into half a life
Mother pieces together her trivial share into all white hairs on her head
Only all other creatures frolic
—They piece together another spring
We reside in this spring
Merely envelope Hengdian into warmth again

originally written in Chinese by Xiuhua Yu, translated by xx

Like (6) 

Comment - What did you think? 

Likes: kevin, Mariovitale227, Owain, Hosein shafiei, Cal Smith, rcampbell13To reply, click a comment.

Owain - I love that 'sun shines exactly as needed'. It emphasises to me that nature does what it sees best and not what we want it to do but that generally our needs/desires match what nature is willing to provide. This poem describes one of those times. 2 years ago   x

xx - Thanks for your kind comments2 years ago   x  edit

Cal Smith - A very nice picture of a little village. A little too much word repetition though.
It might be better, for example, to write:

"The sun shines exactly as needed,
on the roofs on the hill,
with its row of aspen trees.
And on the many square ponds
with aquatic grasses on  their edges.

It shines on crawling ferns
and on canola wheat.
The alternating light and darkness
isn't fair or regular,
because it's shared by many plants."

But all in all, the poem is great.2 years ago   x
Read more →

xx - Thanks very much for your comments and suggestion. Yes, repetition seems too much here. The repetition was in the original poem, I just translated them literally. I was cautious in case repetition itself was intentional and delivered some message from the author. But I agree with you that repetition doesn't seem necessary here and interfere its read. Thanks again!2 years ago   x  edit

Mariovitale227 - nicely written piece you got here very good you know really in its piece you got here

Thx.2 years ago   x

xx - Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

The following is a comment from a professor who teaches poetry in a college of liberal arts.

I admire greatly your translations from the Chinese, most especially the one by Xiuhua Yu. The idea, very well handled in your translation, of light unequally shared among the creatures, is an arresting one. It's astonishing that you have found a way to render the poem in such smooth and musical English. 

所有跟帖: 

颤音去楼下也做做一句话翻译吧?大家好互相学习啊:) -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/30/2021 postreply 09:21:27

她的诗歌好像啊!你是余秀华的忠实翻译!跟贴者也会中文啊,赞! -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/30/2021 postreply 14:00:15

赞! -忒忒绿- 给 忒忒绿 发送悄悄话 忒忒绿 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/30/2021 postreply 14:29:00

颤音兄可联系余秀华授权将译作出书,她的诗歌当让世界知道 -老键- 给 老键 发送悄悄话 老键 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/30/2021 postreply 16:16:37

谢谢建哥!尝试过,没有回音,就放下了,倒是翻译了20几首 -颤音- 给 颤音 发送悄悄话 颤音 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2021 postreply 10:13:39

但愿她不在办公桌后面萎缩成一个体制人 -老键- 给 老键 发送悄悄话 老键 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2021 postreply 16:59:39

她英文水平怎么样呢? -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2021 postreply 20:27:39

看你的译诗才知有个叫余秀华的诗人.开始以为是你呢? -天山晨- 给 天山晨 发送悄悄话 天山晨 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/30/2021 postreply 16:54:24

谢谢所有读帖留言和鼓励! -颤音- 给 颤音 发送悄悄话 颤音 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2021 postreply 10:12:08

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”