【美语坛春之声歌曲活动】 老生常谈? --- 翻译《Edelweiss》歌词

来源: 马下人 2014-05-21 20:05:27 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (89938 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 马下人 ] 在 2014-05-25 02:30:33 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

翻译《Edelweiss》歌词

“In German, 'edel' means noble and 'weiss' means white. The symbolic
meanings of the edelweiss flower are daring, courage and noble purity. These meanings are derived from the plant’s ability to grow in harsh mountain climates and from its pure white coloring. ”    From-- http://www.uwec.edu/centers/vball/upload/VB_13_Program.pdf

Compare the original lyrics and the different translations:

The Sound Of Music - Edelweiss (The Captain) Lyrics

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white, clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom
and grow
Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

A Typical Translation

雪绒花, 雪绒花
清晨迎着我开放
小而白,洁而亮
向我快乐地摇晃
白雪般的花儿愿你芬芳
永远开花生长

雪绒花, 雪绒花
永远祝福我家乡.

My Translation

雪绒花,雪绒花
每天清晨你迎接我
小而白,洁而亮
你总是欢欣见到我
漫天的飞雪在祝福你
祝你成长开放

雪绒花,雪绒花
保佑我祖国安康.

Up to the time of my writing all the translations that I have seen
treated the line "Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow" as "Blossom of snow(暗指雪绒花),  may you bloom and grow".  The result of this miss-interpretation was that the symbolic characterristic of the Edelweiss,  the courage and the endurance,  originally in the English lyrics was omitted from the translation.   The miss-interpretation also led to repetition, which makes listener to feel chowing on some thing over and over.

I love this song and I know that it will survive me.   That is why I dare to "老生常谈" one more time.  I simply want to present a full image of the adorable flower according to the song writer's English lyrics. 

Thank
【美语坛春之声歌曲活动】,  which provides a platform for me to deliver my thought.

我的试唱, 你可以跨过去:

如果你还有兴趣, 下面的取自音乐之声

谢谢阅读和收听。

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

谢谢小曼阅读, 详细见下: -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (18738 bytes) () 05/22/2014 postreply 06:38:40

马下人is so professional (^.^) -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/22/2014 postreply 07:56:03

Thank for reading and commenting. I try to get thing right. -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (105 bytes) () 05/22/2014 postreply 12:06:10

谢GX分享自己独特的见解,翻译和演唱。 -斯葭- 给 斯葭 发送悄悄话 斯葭 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/22/2014 postreply 10:52:23

Thank you for reading and commenting, 斯葭. -马下人- 给 马下人 发送悄悄话 马下人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/22/2014 postreply 11:58:38

很好的翻译和演唱,谢谢高兴分享,周末快乐! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2014 postreply 07:53:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!