Definitely a powerful writing!

来源: lilac09 2011-08-23 07:31:37 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1561 bytes)
回答: The Power of WritingNewVoice2011-08-22 18:44:37

I might have the gift of gab when I was young. Once I opened my mouth, basically there was no chance for others to chime in. I could yap for hours without feeling tired. Must have been a torture for my friends when I look back now.:)

As I grow up, those old friends have been falling out gradually and eventually I moved to a foreign land. I find I become more and more withdrawn in this new isolated environment. I don’t like to talk much, partly because I don’t have that many bosom friends to chat up as I used to. The main reason actually is that as a grown up, there are many things you’d better only keep to yourself.  

Then you have this kind of ‘emotional constipation’ when things get piled up in your mind. For me, writing turns out to be a major way to get them out of my system. Register an ID, open a blog and write down whatever I like. Maybe not whatever I like, but at least I can become more opened up when expressing myself anonymously. The irony is - when people put on their masks they start to speak their minds; when they put down the masks, they talk about other people’s business. 

All in all, in my blog writing, I regain the serenity of mind and to some degree, I find my old self back. So writing is powerful. :)

所有跟帖: 

Nice writing! Thank you for sharing! -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 (774 bytes) () 08/23/2011 postreply 08:53:47

haha, trust me. I am not talented at languages at all.~~ -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (1101 bytes) () 08/23/2011 postreply 13:14:34

haha, your last sentence reminds me a story of my old classmate! -sleet- 给 sleet 发送悄悄话 sleet 的博客首页 (2927 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 02:14:29

haha~ thanks for sharing -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (181 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 06:44:38

Again, well said. -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 (361 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 07:31:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”