Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 22

来源: 2msmom 2013-10-03 08:19:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1260 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-10-03 17:55:56 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

欢迎多多批评指正.
谢谢大家对我上片的鼓励和建议. 二姐, 冰粒, 等等. 我觉得Katie Couric的这一段,有点像我的心里话:-).

So why didn't I just throw in the towel and say, “Maybe I'm not cut out for this business”? I knew that my skills needed to be honed and that I was a work-in-progress, but I was convinced that I had the skills and I could do the job. I also knew something else. Along the way, you're bound to encounter people who are naysayers and buzz killers. Maybe they're insecure, maybe they're bitter, maybe they simply lack imagination. Those people need to be strained from your life like sand from a colander of freshly washed seashells. But then again, some of them may – surprise! - be right. Sure, they could have been more tactful, but both of my hypercritical news directors – men who in so many words told me “You can't” - actually did me a favor. I worked harder, got better, and became more determined than ever to prove them wrong.

所有跟帖: 

同意师妹的看法,还有knew改为美式读法就更完美了。 -bingli- 给 bingli 发送悄悄话 bingli 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/03/2013 postreply 14:17:59

谢谢小蔓和冰粒. 我的Say 和 See总没有发好.这几天饿补一下, -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (161 bytes) () 10/03/2013 postreply 19:32:51

读得好,期待下集早日问世。 -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2013 postreply 20:47:46

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”