Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 10

来源: 2msmom 2013-03-13 08:02:31 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1641 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-03-13 09:44:35 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic 欢迎多多批评指正. How do you keep going when you want to curl up into a ball and never leave your bedroom? How do you squeeze all the joy out of life while dealing with all the messy parts? How can you find a calling that fills you up, gives you a sense of purpose and your life meaning, and doesn’t leave you feeling full of regret and remorse? How do you shut out the voices (including, at times, your own) that tell you you’re not good enough and you shouldn’t even try? How can you “recalculate” your route when your personal GPS is on the fritz? These are questions we all ask ourselves at one time or another. I know I have. But I’ve always found comfort and guidance in hearing from people who have wrestled with the same questions and, through the simple act of living, have found their own versions of the right answers. Their stories are sometimes found in books, like Katharine Graham’s Personal History, or in speeches, like Theodore Roosevelt’s “Man in the Arena.” But I’ve also found inspiration in an unlikely place: the commencement address. I’ve given a dozen through the years, and I’m always interested in what other speakers have to say. These addresses are often thoughtful, entertaining, and very personal. And, like eulogies celebrating a life well lived, they make you want to be a better version of yourself.

所有跟帖: 

good ears, xiaoman -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (115 bytes) () 03/13/2013 postreply 12:03:22

多谢楼上二位(小曼,文青)帮忙指正! -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/15/2013 postreply 17:33:48

Great. But there is room for improvement -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (481 bytes) () 03/13/2013 postreply 12:18:39

谢谢文青! 又回去听了一遍原版,你讲的对,我的Per(sonal) 太重,原版的Personal 和 -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (33 bytes) () 03/15/2013 postreply 17:41:55

very good reading! -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/15/2013 postreply 16:08:11

谢谢~叶子~! -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/15/2013 postreply 17:44:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”