这个一定要顶, 佩服文青挑战自我的勇气, 对话听起来活灵活现, 可见花了不少功夫.

来源: tingfeng 2013-01-23 09:50:16 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8463 bytes)

Doctor: Sorry you waited so long, Paul; I’ve been tied up all afternoon. What seems to be the problem this time?

Paul: Doc,my toe’s killingme. I think it’s broken.

Doctor: Hmm. . . Let’s have a look. Oh, yeah, that’s a beauty. You really did a number on that toe. How’d it happen?

Paul: I was helping my brother move(mu:v). I dropped a desk on my foot.

Doctor: Well, that’s a surefire way to break some bones.

Paul, didn’t I see you last year for some sprained fingers?

Paul: Yeah . . . I was trying to fix the toilet and got my hand stuck.

I yanked it out, and hurt myself. I’m still(有点象stew, 丝第鸥,外加舌尖挺上颚牙跟.对比这两个词steel/still, 差别在于前着是长/i:/,后者是短/i/.) trying to live that one down.

Doctor: Well, Mr. Fix-it, you’ve really outdone yourself this time.

You won’t be walking with this foot for eight weeks.

Paul: That’s impossible! I have a camping trip scheduled for six weeks from now. Can’t it be healed by then?

Doctor: That’s a tall order, Paul . . . But I suppose it’s not out of the question. With a lot of rest now . . . and intensive(ten一样的音) physical therapy, you just may be back in the saddle again in six weeks. But the therapy requires a lot of work, and time . . . and specifically(发短音i,很后面的两个i一样的发音), following the doctor’s orders . . . Can you handle that?

Paul: Piece of cake!

Doctor: But listen, even if you are walking by then, you’ve got to take it easy during the trip. No climbing trees or jumping across streams or anything. You really need to baby this leg(e,嘴角再往两边拽一些) for a while(ai 说慢点)!

Paul: Sure thing.

Doctor: Well(e,嘴角再往两边拽一些), Paul . . . let’s get you bandaged up.

We’ll have you hobbling out of here in no time. Now . . . I want you to keep an eye on the swelling in the rest of the leg and foot. And get in touch with Dr. Phillips . . . She’s the physical therapist.

Paul: Okay, Doc. Should I drop by here another day?

Doctor: Yes. We’re going to want to follow up on this in about two weeks.

Paul: I’ll schedule an appointment with the receptionist. Thanks. Bye, Doc.

Doctor: You’re welcome. And Paul, take it easy, would you?

Paul: Yes, I will. I promise.

总结, 长短音的操控再自如一些听起来会很顺耳.

所有跟帖: 

谢谢听风大侠! -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (79 bytes) () 01/23/2013 postreply 10:14:24

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”