Perfect practice makes perfect. -- Bruce Lee

来源: carpediem 2010-08-23 14:00:47 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1711 bytes)
1. Many sentences start with “And”. Even you try to make it sound like a conversation, but still probably a bad habit?

2. Pay attention to punctuation. A long sentence without pause (coma) doesn’t sound sophisticated. It makes the reader out of breath. E.g.

You can hit the gym or take a couple of days off the work or go shopping or simply have a nice cup of coffee to have you calm down first to start with.
--> You can hit the gym, or take a couple of days off the work, or go shopping, or simply have a nice cup of coffee to calm down (yourself) first.

3. Shopping - especially a shopping spree, makes you feel slave away in that tiny cube all days worthwhile. Shopping makes you understand better why you have to put up with all those craps at work and more willingly go back to face them.
--> Shopping - especially a shopping spree makes you feel slaving away in that tiny cube all days worthwhile. Shopping makes you understand better why you have to put up with all those craps at work, and thus you are more willing to go back and face them.

4. Once you bounce back from the bad mood, you need to rethink what you’ve done dragged you into the bad situation initially and how to avoid it from happening in the future.
--> Once you bounce back from the bad mood, you need to rethink what you’ve done dragged you into the bad situation initially and how to avoid it in the future.

5. My lesson from it is to be careful and ban myself from Wenxuecity surfing while I am working on the important tasks.
--> My lesson from it is to be careful and ban myself from surfing Wenxuecity while I am working on the important tasks.

My humble opinions.

所有跟帖: 

大师指教的对,十分感谢~~ -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (2045 bytes) () 08/23/2010 postreply 14:39:51

Your modesty impressed me. Did you see Slaving part? -carpediem- 给 carpediem 发送悄悄话 carpediem 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/23/2010 postreply 15:15:41

Yes. Bear picked that out too.~ -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/23/2010 postreply 15:42:27

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”