Bitch or SOB from "English as a 2nd F**king Language"

来源: Marauders 2018-12-25 21:37:44 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2431 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Marauders ] 在 2018-12-25 21:48:03 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

FAMILY MATTERS

Who's that coming down the track,
Prick and balls slung 0' er his back?
Well, strike me dead!
It's Foreskin Ned---
The Bastard from the Bush!
    Australian folk ballad

Technically speaking, a bastard is the child of unwed parents and a son of a b*tch has a dog for a mom.

But we're not speaking technically-we're communicating.

Today, there is no longer a stigma behind being the child of unwed parents. In some rural areas of the United States there 's not even that much stigma behind having an animal for a parent. The two terms have taken on a life of their own.

Bastard

When you call someone a bastard, you're leaving their parents out of it. You're implying the person is a generally mean-spirited or despicable person.

example:
James: son of a b*tch, That bastard Jones fired me for sticking my dick in the potato peeler.
Rick: The potato peeler?
James: Yeah, Bridget, the redhead. And the son of a b*tch fired her too.
As with bastard, parentage isn't the issue. A son of a b*tch is just a mean-spirited and despicable person.

example:
Paddy: That son of a b*tch Jones fired my girlfriend, Bridget.
Seamus: Did she get into something she wasn't supposed to?
Paddy: Vice versa.

NOTE: The above terms apply to men only. A woman who exhibits the tendencies of a son of a b*tch or a bastard is properly referred to as a b*tch.

Son of a b*tch is sometimes used to express surprise or delight. It's meaning is close to that of the Greek term "Eureka! "

example:
Socrates: I think you'll like this. It's a mix of gin and vermouth with an olive dropped in for decoration.
Archimedes: Son of a b*tch! It's delicious. You've finally come up with a good idea.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”