On NIUBI 论牛逼【原创】

来源: 大汗淋漓 2015-01-30 21:13:59 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2297 bytes)

One of the most frequently heard Chinese words nowadays in China and among overseas Chinese is NIUBI (pronounced Newbie ), in Chinese 牛逼. This word has become a buzzword for Chinese speakers of all ages. On one occasion, I even heard an old lady say to her grandson, “That TV set is really NIUBI , isn’t it?”

As a word, NIUBI牛逼 is made up of two single Chinese characters—牛Cow and 逼 Vagina ( but do not use the latter separately, for it can be socially offensive), and literally means the cow’s vagina. Apparently, it’s a noun in its origin. It has later evolved into many grammatical categories; it can be an adjective, an adverb, meaning AWESOME, OVERBEARING, FULL OF HOT AIR, etc; and even an exclamation. As an adjective and/or adverb, NIUBI has its comparative and superlative forms, respectively更牛逼 MORE NIUBI and 最牛逼 MOST NIUBI. The pronunciation of the superlative form of NIUBI---最牛逼--- is homophonous with 醉牛逼  that stands for an intoxicated cow’s vagina... Under certain circumstances, it can also be used as a verb, to BULLSHIT. 

NIUBI is not just the most frequently used word, but can also be credited with being the most versatile word. I fail to find any other word in my Chinese vocabulary that carries as many connotations. “NIUBI “is absolutely the MOST NIUBI word! 

Here are just a few examples of NIUBI in daily usage:

“How is your new boyfriend?” “He’s really NIUBI in bed!”
“How was your bull dick soup 牛鞭汤?” “It was the most NIUBI soup I’ve had!”
“The movie was really NIUBI, the cinema was NIUBI, so was the popcorn!”
“Why the heck are you so NIUBI?!”
“What is Fangfang doing?” “She is NIUBI’ing with her sister.”

Finally, how was your day going? After you’ve read this short piece I’ve just written, I expect you to say out really loud “NIUBI!”

所有跟帖: 

How about the argument in your next original thesis is -星光华逸- 给 星光华逸 发送悄悄话 星光华逸 的博客首页 (573 bytes) () 01/31/2015 postreply 07:44:04

A Niubi writing except for some minor deficiency:) -askerfor- 给 askerfor 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2015 postreply 09:17:42

correct it please. let's make it MORE NIUBI~ Thanks... -大汗淋漓- 给 大汗淋漓 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2015 postreply 09:23:32

Just come comments:) for you -askerfor- 给 askerfor 发送悄悄话 (1241 bytes) () 01/31/2015 postreply 10:51:52

thanks... -大汗淋漓- 给 大汗淋漓 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2015 postreply 11:29:27

呵呵 -Marauders- 给 Marauders 发送悄悄话 (38 bytes) () 02/01/2015 postreply 09:18:04

a good match -askerfor- 给 askerfor 发送悄悄话 (274 bytes) () 02/01/2015 postreply 10:58:08

Well, I better not say it just in case -Marauders- 给 Marauders 发送悄悄话 (50 bytes) () 02/02/2015 postreply 07:49:02

This one is Really Cool! It's fXXXing NIUBI!!! -大汗淋漓- 给 大汗淋漓 发送悄悄话 (30 bytes) () 02/02/2015 postreply 21:01:36

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!