Life can be worse (original)

来源: 幼时蓝精灵 2011-03-22 21:17:59 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2960 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 幼时蓝精灵 ] 在 2011-04-23 02:44:38 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

We had a guest speaker today in my Health class. He shared his life story with us. He said he was tested to be HIV positive more than 20 years ago; the reason for him to talk about this very personal thing in front of us is to help him  find the purpose of his life. Indeed, he said he was doing this for his son and his friends. Moreover, he wanted to help people develop a sense of awareness of HIV and Health.

I had a deep impression about what he said in terms of life purposes. Yes, everyone has a purpose in his/her life; and everyone has the potential to be significant. What is the purpose of my life? To extend my capacity of knowledge, to help others, to fulfill my life. I really appreciate him to help me clarify the purpose of my life one more time at this point because  I haven't had a good mood recently probably due to  the flue and the new environment; and this made me confused about myself. The fact that changing an environment makes me feel lonely and insecure.( I know I've told people about this many times, but it is the fact.)  However, after the guest speaker's speech, I had a different perception about what I am going through now. Comparing my struggles with the guest speaker's obstacles, mine is trivial.

This inspired me to think in a different way: what I am struggling now is not that bad; life can be worse. I should treasure what I have now, and be more optimistic. I also should face the challenges that I have to deal with, and try my best to overcome them. Hopefully by doing so, I will transform myself to a wiser person.

所有跟帖: 

Nice writing. -北京二号- 给 北京二号 发送悄悄话 北京二号 的博客首页 (125 bytes) () 03/22/2011 postreply 22:16:22

hehe, yeah, you are right. everyone is different. -幼时蓝精灵- 给 幼时蓝精灵 发送悄悄话 幼时蓝精灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/22/2011 postreply 22:21:06

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”