Jackie Evancho is coming to town

来源: 井龙和 2015-09-26 14:12:24 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2835 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 井龙和 ] 在 2015-09-26 21:18:02 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

I took a glance at the concert ticket confirmation email from the Music Center at Strathmore, sighed a sigh of relieve. Now all I have to do is wait, wait for two long weeks until Oct 10th, the Jackie Evancho concert day.

About 5 years ago in a morning I got a call from a good friend of mine, telling me about this 10 year old girl named Jackie Evancho who had just stunned everybody with her incredible singing talent at AGT. With excitement and complete confidence he said: "She is going to be a super star soon." I then watched a few YouTube videos of Jackie by following links sent to me by this friend. I was very much impressed, but not so sure about his "to be a super star soon" part because I didn't think that the development of a 10 year old could be accurately predicted. Almost 3 years later I got to listen to songs from Jackie Evancho's album "Songs from the Silver Screen", and immediately realized how right my dear friend had been. It did not take too long for her to become an international sensation, by the young age of only 12. I loved every song in that album. The voice, the power of expression, and the maturity of Jackie are simply amazing. What do they say about Anna Netrebko? "Her voice can break glass." Well, passion charged, with piercing force, the angelic voice of Jackie Evancho can break some hearts, I think, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I know that no one cares about what I think, and my opinion never matters to anyone. But I just can't stop thinking and having opinions. In the summer of last year I got to listen to her singing live for the first time in the 2014 National Memorial Day Concert. She sounded great, looked beautiful, and appeared even more mature and confident. All my worries about her voice change, which had been discussed by fans so very frequently, were gone. The experience was amazing. Now a long 16 months later, I am ready to be amazed again.

One of the songs she performed at the 2014 National Memorial Day Concert, "My Heart Will Go On".

I even took a fuzzy picture of her at the concert.

This song, "Think of Me", is among those she will perform in the Oct 10th concert.

所有跟帖: 

Well said! Impressive! worth going for - enjoy the concert! sugg -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (75 bytes) () 09/26/2015 postreply 15:42:03

谢谢shamggiam -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/26/2015 postreply 21:15:32

谢谢赏光鼓励。已改正。 -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/26/2015 postreply 21:19:09

her voice texture can't match Celine Dion, a long way to go for -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/26/2015 postreply 15:43:13

Jackie Evancho is only 15.She is a beautiful & amazing singer. -珈玥- 给 珈玥 发送悄悄话 珈玥 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/27/2015 postreply 13:52:17

Like her singing! -Flyingstraw- 给 Flyingstraw 发送悄悄话 Flyingstraw 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/28/2015 postreply 07:39:45

A great experience to watch her performance in person! She has a -cobraa- 给 cobraa 发送悄悄话 cobraa 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/28/2015 postreply 19:46:46

Jackie Evancho's singing is amazing! -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2015 postreply 16:04:50

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”