This is My Life - (3) Engagement

来源: hammerheadshark 2014-05-24 20:57:54 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6833 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ hammerheadshark ] 在 2014-05-27 14:03:14 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

(3)   
Engagement

15 years ago, I was a nonentity working for local government in a coastal city in China. The Internet was not this visible and popular then as it is now, but there were chat rooms. I don’t remember how I started it, for it is not important how we got to know each other in this story. Anyway, I talked to a girl in a chat room and decided to go further by continuing our talk through emails. Right, I did not have private email account then; she was using her company account and I government account. 
We exchanged some emails regularly and pretty soon, pictures too. She was working as the assistant to the CEO of an apparel company. The job required her to travel to fashion shows abroad on a regular basis. She sent me post cards from Milan and
Florence in Italy. One picture was her standing in front of the busy fashion show she was attending. In the photo, was a mature girl, in stylish short skirt, a greenish sweater as top and a pair of leather boots. From the photo, I could tell this was a strong willed, smart girl with very good taste; this was a girl truly knew fashion and was very good at what she was doing. 
Since we were living in different cities, it never occurred to me that we could become a couple one day. And that one day came very soon. After her trip to Europe, she wrote me an email in excitement that she decided to come to my city to see me. The email scared the hell out of me, as things were getting this serious. She was coming! I so regretted to have written those things in my mails. Now, she was on her way to see me.
The day that I picked her up at the airport was very stressful. Later on, she admitted if I wasn’t who I was in my photo, she would buy a ticket home right at the airport; and I swore that I would never show up if she was any different from that charming lady in her photo. It turned out, we absolutely feel foreign, despite all the mails and even if we recognized each other instantly.  I did
not buy her flowers on that day which she blamed me for 15 years.
I forced a smile as I figured I had to do something and extended my hand to grasp her only bag she was carrying with her. She obviously hesitated and then released it. Then I called a taxi and we headed directly to the hotel I booked, which cost me a small fortune, given my poor salary at the time. I secretly cursed myself for playing this email thing until it was out of control. But I couldn’t help admiring her courage. What a crazy girl she was!
The good thing was that her stay in my city covered two public holidays. After briefly settled her in the hotel, I took her out for lunch and all the other funs that the city was proud of. We laughed, ate local food and visited local apparel markets the first day and went back the hotel quite late. As I was about to leave the hotel room, she asked me to stay overnight with her. I knew it was getting out of control. But I was young.  I stayed. 
I went to bathroom to have a shower. What I did not expect was that she burst into the bathroom shortly after, only with her panties and bra! There, she watched me while I was naked and just turned on the faucet. Maybe it was built in me, without any hesitation, I stepped out of the bathtub, stripped off her bra and panties, and led her to the bathtub…. Crazy girl!
She stayed in my cities for four days, during which I felt I was living in a dream, charmed by her. Second day, we stayed in the hotel, and got really drunk. I clearly remember that she was sitting on my lap and we started to officially introduce each other and told each other our respective backgrounds.
The third day, we were roaming all over the city looking for a pair of engagement rings. The same day, I found an engagement ring on my finger. Crazy girl!
The fourth day, she was leaving the city and we separated like we had been together for 50 years.
The following couple of weeks, I started to cool down and looked at the ring on my finger, totally confused, and scared. I didn’t know what to say to my parents. It was so ridiculous. I blamed everything on alcohol, but I did not have a clue how to end this madness.
Then I was sick, so sick that I had to stay in the dorm for several days. As if she knew I might regret it, she decided to fly to my city again, saying in her email that she was worried about me. She checked in a hotel herself and stayed by my side for two days until I was getting better. Then I thought then she was my girl.
Spring festival, she wanted to see my parents and I took her home. We slept together against my parents’ will. Shortly after that, I quit my job and prepared to leave for Canada. A month before that, I flew to her city, and again, we slept together, with her parents in the next room. I wasn’t sure how she persuaded her parents to allow something like this. Everything was beyond my compression then and I did not care, because I would fly for Canada soon.
On the day I left for Canada, she stayed with me at the airport until the last boarding warning. Tears all over her, she kissed me and wouldn’t let me go with her arms clasping my neck tightly. At that moment, I made a promise to her that I would come back to marry her and take her to Canada.
With a mixed feeling of excitement and sorrow, I flew to the unknown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ito5ELbyyxs

所有跟帖: 

lol, I see myself in this, without the craziness though. -Marauders- 给 Marauders 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/24/2014 postreply 21:27:51

:) Really? -hammerheadshark- 给 hammerheadshark 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2014 postreply 18:47:19

Yeah, she was lovely. -hammerheadshark- 给 hammerheadshark 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2014 postreply 18:49:17

A nice love story and nice writing. Thanks for sharing, have a n -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2014 postreply 07:48:22

Thank you for reading. -hammerheadshark- 给 hammerheadshark 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2014 postreply 18:50:27

Shark写得棒,歌曲更是相得益彰。 -斯葭- 给 斯葭 发送悄悄话 斯葭 的博客首页 (92 bytes) () 05/26/2014 postreply 08:55:50

You are the web surfing pioneers(^.^) life happened. -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/26/2014 postreply 09:10:21

This part (3) could use more editing, just a thoug -虚席以待- 给 虚席以待 发送悄悄话 虚席以待 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/26/2014 postreply 15:16:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”