[美坛2013父亲节原创活动] To Father's Day

来源: rockcurrent 2013-06-14 14:42:39 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2823 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ rockcurrent ] 在 2013-06-14 16:01:49 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

To Father’s Day
Rockcurrent,  June 14th, 2013
Years ago, Father’s Day became known to me after my kindergarten-aged son brought home a piece of wood for me, which was marked by his hand-writing, saying “I am a chip off the old block”. When I saw the phrase on that father’s day, my nose was sour and tears were almost pouring out. The feeling of be-loved and loving overwhelmed me at that moment.
When my younger son was born in hospital, I cut his umbilical cord and hold him in my arms, watching him to peer into the new world with one eye open and the other closed. That moment I was thrilled to be a father.
Several weeks ago, when I was reading together with my younger son, he started to talk about eating cake, then began to sing ‘happy birthday to you, happy birthday to dady ‘. This was the first time he sang something.  I was so amazed by his voice and his progress in language, the English. All my efforts start to pay back!
But at these moments, I did not remember my own father. In fact, except for holidays, I rarely think of my father. Sometimes, when my father was in my mind, and I realized that I did not call home for a long time, I felt guilty to myself.
As a man in his middle age, it is hard to meet all the requirements that are expected from me. I began to understand the hardship my father encountered, and the responsibilities of being somebody’s father.  A group of words, strength, protection, love, generosity, patience, responsibility, faith, wisdom, warmth, joy, etc., jumped into my mind to best describe a father. I would believe a father means everything to a family. No matter what happens, a faithful father will cover or disregard his own pain and bring back home his love, happiness and strength.
Sometimes, I ask myself the question: are you a qualified father to your son, especially after I disciplined my son. Honestly, I know I am neither a qualified father nor a qualified son. As there is no perfect father on this imperfect world, I would be glad to do my best to grow up together with my sons on the journey towards perfection.
So, this weekend I will give my father a call, and I will spend time together with my sons, cheering and adoring whatever they will have done.  

所有跟帖: 

Shafa~~~Beautiful writing, proud father and son! Happy Father's -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/14/2013 postreply 22:44:55

谢谢京班 周末愉快! -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2013 postreply 07:48:33

You are a qualified father to your sons and an excellent son to -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (132 bytes) () 06/14/2013 postreply 23:09:23

Thx MF have a good weekends -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2013 postreply 07:54:33

Pretty good writing. -Amy62- 给 Amy62 发送悄悄话 Amy62 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2013 postreply 13:47:59

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!