Thank you,and here is my retionale.

来源: hammerheadshark 2012-05-13 18:29:12 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (18837 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ hammerheadshark ] 在 2012-05-14 22:20:54 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: A nice story! 礼尚往来,扔几块砖!NewVoice2012-05-13 14:06:24

1.       First year, in senior high school (During our first year of high school), è  There will be “Second year,” “Third year,” in the rest of story.  If the story was separated by conventional “during…”, it would removed poetic lustre of the story.  

2.       by sitting side by side (from sitting side by side, just don’t like two “by”s so close to each other)  è If use “from”, that would change the story, because “they” took a break from the game, not from sitting. 

3.       Our relation of the time (our relationship at that time) è Relation can be used both on people and things. Relationship is rarer now, it is a terrible tongue twister. I don’t see the benefits of “at that time” over “of the time”.  You have to convince me on this one.

4.       boy friend (boyfriend) è Yes, should be boyfriend

5.       repeating the feeling (“repeating the feeling” sounds a little bit strange to me, l like the recurring feeling better) è Using “repeat” indicates the feeling was not real – you have to fake it and then, “I” started to believe “my” own creation; however, feeling could “occur” and “recur” on its own, without “my” control, which does not quite fit here.

6.       Out of many her (her many) other attractions è still awkward, better delete “her” altogether.

7.       a young man of (an) ethnic minority è I don’t think “an” should be there, immediately after “of”.  

8.       floating (slipping) è You have to gave me a reason to change that. My rationale is that “floating” is more visual.  “I” was pretending horse trotting.  Imagine a light foam horse head jumps up and down with my moves.  “Slipping” just doesn’t have that comical effect.

9.       hat (had)  è Yes, typo identified.

10.   which (that, or which,)  è “which” and “that” are interchange in this case.  If you want to use a comma, it should be inserted before “which”, not after.  Depending on writing style, you may decide to give the readers a “pause” or not, and in many cases, "which" does not necessarily couples with a comma. 

11.     it to (onto) è Both are fine, no ambiguity would arise from using either of them.  I would like to hear your reason on prefer “onto” to “to.

12.     words, (delete “,”)  è You are right, this comma is not necessary.

13.     couldn’t help talking (couldn’t help but talking), è You have to give me a reason why you want a change.

所有跟帖: 

Counter-defense, haha... -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 NewVoice 的博客首页 (4535 bytes) () 05/14/2012 postreply 04:12:26

I don't mind -hammerheadshark- 给 hammerheadshark 发送悄悄话 (5114 bytes) () 05/14/2012 postreply 16:15:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”