谢谢姐姐!

来源: 非文学青年 2011-09-27 10:20:04 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1958 bytes)
回答: Deep stuff!!!NewVoice2011-09-27 08:57:11

今天早上看有没有你的评论,没看到,还有些失望呢。I totally agree with you and I like the way you put it. Hajin said he finished the novel in 2000. I came here in 1999.He was in college at the time of 6.4, but I was in high school. Now 12 years have passed. Nan's experience and his aspiration do not represent ours, and are very different from ours, esp. with all the changes in online communication technology. It was so expensive to call China in 1999 when I first got here. So I don't feel much of his anger/detachment toward China.

1. Nan Wu is trying to penetrate the main-stream American society by improving his second language competence and eventually rising (rise) up from his current social status.

Right, I will change it.

2. Suppose in 50 years, when Americans swarm to China and settle there – sounds a little bit strange, but I am not sure how to change it.

3. give up their roots completely? – sounds a little bit strange, how about “uproot themselves completely?”

2. 当时非常想用swarm这个词,哈哈。我改天问问你妹夫。

3. 这个我也得再想想

所有跟帖: 

I had a hectic day yesterday, and -NewVoice- 给 NewVoice 发送悄悄话 (4292 bytes) () 09/28/2011 postreply 04:18:46

好!等姐姐的佳作! -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (514 bytes) () 09/28/2011 postreply 09:29:53

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”