地道英语:Skinny Latte 脱脂拿铁咖啡 (英语听力)

来源: 紫君 2009-01-19 07:51:59 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2522 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 紫君 ] 在 2009-01-20 04:05:13 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

What kind of coffee do you prefer?

地道英语:Skinny Latte 脱脂拿铁咖啡 (英语听力) ZT

Vicki: Hello and welcome to Real English, where you can find out about English words and expressions that might not be in your dictionary. I’m Vicki.
Helen: 大家好,我是 Helen。

Vicki: You know Helen, I could really do with a coffee. I’d love a skinny latte.

Helen: 你想喝什么?

Vicki: A skinny latte.

Helen: 是一种咖啡吗?

Vicki: Yes. Coffee shops in the UK are getting more and more like American ones, with lots of different choices of coffee. You could have a cappuccino.

Helen: 卡布奇诺咖啡。

Vicki: Or an espresso.

Helen: Espresso, 特别浓缩的咖啡。

Vicki: Or a latte – that’s a shot of strong espresso coffee with a whole cup of hot milk.

Helen: 听着可真香啊。

Vicki: Latte is actually the Italian word for milk. So caffe latte really means a milky coffee.

Helen: 那么 a skinny latte 又是什么意思呢?

Vicki: Well, because a latte has a lot of milk, it can be quite fattening, so people who are on a diet have it made with skimmed milk.

Helen: 因为拿铁咖啡一般是用全脂牛奶做的,那么热量很高,容易长胖,所以很多爱美人士就要求用脱脂牛奶来代替。

Vicki: And that’s a skinny latte.

Helen: Skinny 本意是形容人长得很瘦 – 那么喝脱脂咖啡就给人感觉像是在减肥。

Vicki: That’s right.

Helen: 还有什么有趣的咖啡名称吗?

Vicki: Well, in the summer-time you might have a cafe frappe. That’s an iced coffee.

Helen: 冰咖啡。

Vicki: And the coffee chain Starbucks sell frappucinos. They’re flavoured iced coffee drinks. They’ve made up that name by combining cappuccino with frappe.

Helen: A frappucino 加了其它调料的卡布奇诺咖啡。

Vicki: Well, now you know about all the different types of coffee you could order.

Helen: 是啊,咖啡品种可真是太多了。不过我们最初提到的那个品种是:

Vicki: A skinny latte.

Helen: 用脱脂牛奶冲出来的拿铁咖啡。

Vicki: Join us next time for more Real English. Bye.

Helen: 再见。

所有跟帖: 

回复:地道英语:Skinny Latte 脱脂拿铁咖啡 (英语听力) -梅石莹玉- 给 梅石莹玉 发送悄悄话 梅石莹玉 的博客首页 (79 bytes) () 01/20/2009 postreply 06:59:45

Hi, 梅石莹玉, have a nice day. -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/20/2009 postreply 11:24:24

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”