英语美文: ♥ I Heard the Love ♥ (父亲节系列)

来源: 林贝卡 2010-06-09 18:35:23 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3650 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 林贝卡 ] 在 2010-06-09 18:41:16 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

I Heard The Love
Source: Internet

When I was growing up I do not recall hearing the words “I love you” from my father. When your father never says them to you when you are a child, it gets tougher and tougher for him to say those words as he gets older. To tell the truth, I could not honestly remember when I had last said those words to him either. I decided to set my ego aside and make the first move. After some hesitation, in our next phone conversation I blurted out the words, “Dad… I love you!”

There was a silence at the other end and he awkwardly replied, “Well, same back at ya!”

I chuckled and said, “Dad, I know you love me, and when you are ready, I know you will say what you want to say.”

Fifteen minutes later my mother called and nervously asked, “Paul, is everything okay?”

A few weeks later, Dad concluded our phone conversation with the words, “Paul, I love you.” I was at work during this conversation and the tears were rolling down my cheeks as I finally “heard” the love. As we both sat there in tears we realized that this special moment had taken our father/son relationship to a new level.

A short while after this special moment, my father narrowly escaped death following heart surgery. Many times since, I have pondered the thought, if I did not take the first step and Dad did not survive the surgery, I would have never “heard” the love.

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 父亲的树
  • 格布上的花
  • 爱已成歌
  • 一世情缘
  • 所有跟帖: 

英语美文: ♥ A Goodbye Kiss ♥ (父亲节系列) -林贝卡- 给 林贝卡 发送悄悄话 林贝卡 的博客首页 (4983 bytes) () 06/09/2010 postreply 18:38:04

预祝父亲们准父亲们节日快乐,顺祝美语坛的网友们夏安。 -林贝卡- 给 林贝卡 发送悄悄话 林贝卡 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/09/2010 postreply 18:40:24

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”