read along...

来源: 梅石莹玉 2009-04-26 17:19:48 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1700 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 梅石莹玉 ] 在 2009-04-27 06:54:49 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
very much intimidated but since I am young, embarrassing myself is allowed.

450) this.width=450" />

Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, a quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.

Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease. This often exists in a man of 60 more than a boy of 20. Nobody grows old merely by a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals.

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. Worry, fear, self-distrust bows the heart and turns the spirit back to dust.

Whether 60 or 16, there is in every human being’s heart the lure of wonders, the unfailing appetite for what’s next and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart, there is a wireless station; so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from man and from the infinite, so long as you are young.

When your aerials are down, and your spirit is covered with snows of cynicism and the ice of pessimism, then you’ve grown old, even at 20; but as long as your aerials are up, to catch waves of optimism, there’s hope you are till young at 80.

所有跟帖: 

Here is my reading. -任我为- 给 任我为 发送悄悄话 任我为 的博客首页 (521 bytes) () 04/26/2009 postreply 18:16:03

回复:Here is my reading. -梅石莹玉- 给 梅石莹玉 发送悄悄话 梅石莹玉 的博客首页 (115 bytes) () 04/27/2009 postreply 04:44:31

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”