英语美文:Watch the world go by

来源: 紫君 2009-04-21 11:12:12 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1909 bytes)

英语美文:Watch the world go by (ZT)

我们大多数人,难以静静地坐下来,看着这个世界,与这个世界擦身而过。有什么重要的事不能延后吗?是什么电子邮件一定要此刻回?我们的灵魂忙碌奔波时,生活就会离我们远去。我们不断地思考未来,错过了身边美丽的风景。

I was sitting outside my new home yesterday (we just moved last week, and we love the new place), watching the world go by.

There were people in cars, in a hurry to get to their next appointment. There were birds flying by, insects just as busy as the people in cars, plants and weeds thriving in the humid Guam climate.

Inside the house, my children were also busy, as ever, making a mess of the house (which my wife and I would soon clean up), getting into things, their natural curiosity overpowering our previous pleas for them not to play with lotion or take things apart.

The sky was slightly overcast and there was a cool breeze, quite strong and pleasant actually.

It’s not often that most of us just sit quietly, and allow the world to pass us by.

Why not?

What is so important that it can't wait until later? What email must be answered right this moment? Do we really need to read all those articles online, all those messages from others, all those newspapers and magazines? Do we need to have the television and radio and Internet on all the time?

Is life passing us by as we keep our minds super-busy? Are we missing out on the beautiful world around us as we constantly think about the future — what we need to do, our anxieties about what might happen — and the past — what we did wrong, what someone else did to us, what we said, what should have happened?

When was the last time you just sat, and observed? Why not do it today?

所有跟帖: 

回复:英语美文:Watch the world go by -任我为- 给 任我为 发送悄悄话 任我为 的博客首页 (155 bytes) () 04/23/2009 postreply 08:09:15

问好。谢谢任我为分享。 -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2009 postreply 09:14:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”