self同鞋, 俺来discuss, discuss

来源: lilac09 2009-09-12 20:59:08 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1562 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ lilac09 ] 在 2009-09-14 04:22:57 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: self同鞋, 您还让人过不过周末了? :)lilac092009-09-12 17:21:24
I totally got what you are trying to say here.

It seems we are quite starchy when we sit here uptight and try to follow reading every single thing written in NCE book. We try to pronounce each word exactly as what phonetic syllables tell us to do. We are definitely not using the same tone we are using in daily conversation. We dare not to use “gonna”, “wanna” to replace “going to” or “want to” in our reading. To be frank, I tried to record my reading with a more relaxed tone, it just sounds weird.

I think all of these are just fine, because this is reading, not oral English. Correct pronunciation and intonation is the base of the language learning. Reading aloud is the basic training every serious foreign language learner must go through. Even if you turn to a native speaker for help, he/she will also pull out a phonetic book to let you start with. Once you have a very solid foundation, you will have a freedom, power and confidence to make your language more vivid and life-like. Like in Chinese, I can type “self同鞋” instead of “self同学” for fun. Because Chinese is my mother tongue, I already have a good control it, which I can make fun of instead of being made fun of. If I do the same thing in English, I may make myself a laughing stock many times.

Adding icing onto the cake is always a good thing. But we need to have had a tasty case first. I am still trying hard to make my cake base eatable. “self同鞋”, if your cake base is already yummy enough, you just go ahead to add that icing layer. :)

所有跟帖: 

Don't quite agree, but -selfselfself- 给 selfselfself 发送悄悄话 (301 bytes) () 09/12/2009 postreply 21:15:54

回复:Don't quite agree, but -lilac09- 给 lilac09 发送悄悄话 lilac09 的博客首页 (679 bytes) () 09/12/2009 postreply 22:05:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”