我也读过 The Story of My Life

来源: 肖庄 2013-10-14 16:23:16 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1263 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 肖庄 ] 在 2013-10-20 16:15:45 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

翻出来这段两年多以前的旧录音。

It is with a kind of fear that I begin to write the history of my life. I have, as it were, a "superstitious hesitation" in lifing the veil that clings about my childhood like a golden mist. The task of writing an autobiography is a difficult one. When I try to classify my earliest impressions, I find that fact and fancy look alike across the years that link the past with the present. The woman paints the child's experiences in her own fantasy. A few impressions stand out vividly from the first years of my life, but "the shadows of the prison-house are on the rest". Besides, many of the joys and sorrows of childhood have lost their poignancy, and many incidents of vital importance in my early education have been forgotten in the excitement of great discoveries. In order, therefore, not to be tedious, I shall try to present in a series of schetches only the episodes that seem to me to be the most interesting and important.

所有跟帖: 

谢谢分享两年前的朗读,好亲切。 -楚姗珊- 给 楚姗珊 发送悄悄话 楚姗珊 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/14/2013 postreply 20:47:13

:-) -肖庄- 给 肖庄 发送悄悄话 肖庄 的博客首页 (235 bytes) () 10/15/2013 postreply 15:24:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”