Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 20

来源: 2msmom 2013-09-04 19:10:08 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2353 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-09-06 19:10:57 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

上次应该是part 19, 打错了.这次就直接纠正成part 20吧.

欢迎多多批评指正

Part 3 Never Give In
On Pluck and Perseverance

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

I could probably write an entire book about the people who thought I'd never make it in television. I guess I'll begin at the beginning. In the early eighties, when I was working at CNN as an assistant assignment editor, the Washington bureau chief, Stuart Loory, decided to give me my first big break. He approached me one day and said, “Katie, would you like to go to the White House every morning and report on the president's schedule for the day?” I could hardly believe it. I have never done a TV report in my life, and now I was going to be at the White House! I went home, thrilled and terrified, spent much of the evening in front of the mirror, talking earnestly into my hairbrush, and has a sleepless night fantasizing about my acclaimed television debut. The next morning, the crew helped me put in my earpiece and watched as showtime approached. During the commercial break, I heard the two anchors Dave Walker and Lois Hart, a married couple, chatting with each other. “Who is that girl?” Lois asked. “I don't know,” Dave answered. “But she looks like she's about sixteen years old!” Confidence began to escape my body like air from a tire. When they “threw” to me, I recited the president's schedule in a singsongy voice, more or less reading from the AP wire: “At ten o'clock, the president has a meeting with National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski” -working a tad too hard to pronounce it properly. When it was over, more relieved than anything else, I went back to the bureau, where a very nice assignment editor named Bill Hensel told me that he has gotten a call from the president of CNN, Reese Schonfeld. The message was blunt: He never wanted to see me on the air again.

所有跟帖: 

我说这个v不影响大局 -niteBynite- 给 niteBynite 发送悄悄话 (402 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 08:37:54

喜欢你朗读系列msmom加油.关于v美坛旧帖讨论过供参考,请大家心平气和交流,谢谢 -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (15700 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 09:13:12

非常好的系列,继续朗读,为你加油。 -祤湫霖- 给 祤湫霖 发送悄悄话 祤湫霖 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 10:07:01

这帖怎么卷起来了,大家开诚布公地讨论不错吗。 -nitebynite- 给 nitebynite 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 10:31:13

喜欢你的朗诵练习,加油! -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 20:01:33

谢谢各位的鼓励和指导 -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (578 bytes) () 09/06/2013 postreply 18:38:54

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”