Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 14

来源: 2msmom 2013-05-09 07:24:03 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2230 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-05-10 10:17:11 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Part1. 欢迎多多批评指正

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway - John Wayne

My dad encouraged me to go into journalism. He had worked as a reporter for the Macon Telegraph, The Atlanta Constitution, and United Press before going into public relations to earn a salary that could better support four kids. During the summers that I was a student at the University of Virginia, he encouraged me to work at radio stations in Washington, D.C. This was long before internship programs for college students were commonplace, so I got out of the yellow pages and started calling radio stations and asking if I could come in and apply for a summer job. I ended up working at three different radio stations by the time I had graduated, and decided that TV might be an even more exciting, not to mention lucrative, career choice. I loved to write and could do it quickly, thanks to years of procrastinating (I still remember my dad's bemusement as his fifth-grade daughter sat cross-legged just inside the front door, frantically finishing her homework before running for the bus), and I loved people. I was, yes, perky, damn it - a description of me that I came to abhor - and, perhaps more important, insatiably curious. And, let's face it, I had plenty of drive and ambition, the kind that started slowly simmering after college and came to a full, rolling boil when I found myself in a competitive work environment. But after graduating from college with a BA in American studies I realized that landing a job in TV news was going to be a challenge. I had sent out resumes and made calls, but getting my proverbial foot in the door just wasn't happening. So one morning I put on my best "dress for success" outfit - you know, the blue blazer, the blouse, the completely geeky little bow tied around my collar, which was the almost obligatory wardrobe for any young, aspiring career woman at the time. I got into our family's cream-colored Buick station wagon and asked my mom to drive me to the ABC News bureau in Washington, D.C.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”