Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 12

来源: 2msmom 2013-04-12 06:43:49 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1963 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-04-12 12:41:50 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic 欢迎多多批评指正. I found that people were especially happy to share their stories for a worthy cause. I have partnered with Scholarship America, a nonprofit scholarship and educational support organization founded in 1958 that has made it possible for students across the country to achieve their college dreams. I’ve heard and read many stories of Scholarship America students whose lives were forever changed by the gift of education beyond high school. Students like Matt, a high achiever with a twin brother and a younger sister whose middle-class family couldn’t afford to send him to his dream school until Scholarship America’s Dollars for Scholars program made it possible. Or Molly, whose plans for a nursing career were put on hold when her hu*****and’s trucking business went belly-up due to soaring gasoline prices, until Scholarship America’s Dreamkeepers program allowed her to stay in school and get her degree. Nothing is more gratifying than hearing stories of those who “pay it forward” - people like Rain, a young woman who immigrated to the United States from China at age six and used her scholarship to pursue a career at a nonprofit that provides services to New York City children; or Linda, the daughter of a single Mexican-American mother of six, who won a scholarship and is now attending UCLA with the hopes of becoming a doctor. And then there’s Jay, now in his sixties, who received a $300 scholarship back in 1969 when public school tuition was $200. Jay was able to earn his MBA, go on to a successful career in finance, and then, in his retirement years, volunteer for a local chapter of Scholarship America - talk about coming full circle.

所有跟帖: 

So many inspiring stories.Thanks. -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/12/2013 postreply 09:45:29

Thanks 紫君! -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2013 postreply 12:28:22

Great voice! -Lucidus- 给 Lucidus 发送悄悄话 Lucidus 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/12/2013 postreply 12:42:05

Hi, 2msmom, I saw your comments about TM -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (872 bytes) () 04/12/2013 postreply 16:43:31

Thanks Lucidus and 文青! -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (126 bytes) () 04/15/2013 postreply 12:30:56

Sounds great! Governor! -冲浪潜水员- 给 冲浪潜水员 发送悄悄话 冲浪潜水员 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/12/2013 postreply 20:47:53

谢谢冲浪! -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2013 postreply 12:31:33

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”