Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 6

来源: 2msmom 2013-01-29 06:14:29 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1518 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-01-30 02:24:13 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic 欢迎多多批评指正. My mom’s motto was “Let ‘em know you’re there!” She obviously wasn’t keen on raising vanilla shrinking violets. But both my parents gave each of us the launching pad we needed to succeed, and my siblings and I felt their presence in everything we did. The best illustration may be the joint-task-force nature of school elections. My dad would help us write our speeches, like the one in which my sister Kiki promised to break all records as recording secretary and then promptly broke one of my dad’s old LPs on her knee with dramatic flair. My fifth-grade vice-presidential speech adopted the Underdog strategy (the cartoon, that is), as I told my elementary school, “Never fear, Katie’s here.” Meanwhile, my mom, the artistic one, was in charge of making posters. She cut up fake money into letters when my brother Johnny ran for student-council treasurer. She also came up with catchy slogans for my sister’s campaigns, like the one on a poster that was placed above the water fountain at school, boasting FREE WATER, COURTESY EMILY COURIC FOR PRESIDENT! Growing up in our house was a fun-filled family affair, and it got a little bit lonelier every time one of my older siblings headed off to college.

所有跟帖: 

What a wise and supportive parent Kaite has. -婉蕠- 给 婉蕠 发送悄悄话 婉蕠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/29/2013 postreply 06:45:40

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”