Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 4

来源: 2msmom 2013-01-16 07:48:36 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1602 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-01-17 04:00:43 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic 欢迎多多批评指正. So the memories of my youth are a collection of happy snapshots: cheerleading, running track, playing the piano, piling into our station wagon for an occasional vacation to the beach as we demolished the sandwiches my mom had made for lunch by 9 A.M., taking my sister Emily to New York to travel across the ocean to spend her junior year abroad while she was at Smith College, going to my brother Johnny’s baseball and basketball games, watching my sister Kiki driving off in my dad’s racing-green Sunbeam Alpine (his one midlife indulgence), her pom-poms peeking out as she headed to a high school football game. The accompanying score would be provided by ten years of Debussy and Chopin, courtesy of my piano teacher, Mrs. Richmond. I was the only one in my family who kept up with lessons, but because I play by ear, and, like Irving Berlin, play everything in the key of C, I often slacked off when it came to actually reading music. But I still love to sit down, even today, and figure out a song I’ve just heard or dust off some classical pieces from my early years. All these things made up a childhood that gave me a healthy sense of who I was and no boundaries for what I might become, although at the time I had no idea. To some, it might seem pretty ordinary. For me, it was heaven.

所有跟帖: 

以前我喜欢看Katie主持的Today Show,如今呀,我还喜欢读她写的文章,谢你朗读。 -纾珈- 给 纾珈 发送悄悄话 纾珈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/17/2013 postreply 06:12:11

谢谢.我也喜欢Katie. 觉得她虽有名但不张扬. -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/17/2013 postreply 17:49:28

小砖几块。 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (412 bytes) () 01/18/2013 postreply 19:21:11

多谢文青. 这就回去琢磨了. -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/22/2013 postreply 07:21:52

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”